Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Disappearing Pictures?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disappearing Pictures?

raywjohnson I'm hoping you can solve the mystery of my disappearing pictures in the Show Us Your Pets thread. I posted pictures of my Golden, posts 582, 583, 588, and 590, and you can tell from the likes and comments that the pictures were there for a while but they have now all mysteriously disappeared. The text is still there, just no more pictures.
    Thanks.

Did ya delete them from your phone? When I deleted some old photos from my phone, they disappeared from AR.

Comment

• RonB
      RonB commented
      Editing a comment
      That's what I thought, but it's the only time I have had photos disappear...

• Davek8282
      Davek8282 commented
      Editing a comment
      pkadare Have you checked with Willow's publicist, might not have appreciated the side eye pictures

• pkadare
      pkadare commented
      Editing a comment
      Davek8282 well, since I'm Willow's pimp, err, publicist... :-)

Hi pkadare ,

The reason the images seem to disappear is because you posted them as a link to the image, but only you can see the image for that link. And the image link expired (I just tested it). So you could see it initially, then it expired and now you cannot see it.

You should never link to external images. For three reasons. Some sites do not allow this (called "hot linking"), the images can be deleted on the site that is linked to, or (and most important) the image can be changed on the site linked to (like make it an advertisement, or something worse).

Upload the images you want to post. Then the image is stores on this site, as is, for all to see.

--RayJ

PS: for everyone, please provide link to the post you need help with. Like this:

Click image for larger version  Name:	link-to-post.png Views:	0 Size:	88.0 KB ID:	1226608

Click the post #, copy and paste the link. That really helps me find the specific post.

Comment

• pkadare
      pkadare commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks raywjohnson.

• raywjohnson
      raywjohnson commented
      Editing a comment
      No worries. I am here to help.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here