Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Get on the Paprika Bandwagon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get on the Paprika Bandwagon

First: I'd suggest getting AmazingRibs.com on Paprika's list of Recommended Sites. I think you'd generate a ton of hits and almost certainly attract a substantial number of new members.

Second: (and I know there's already been some discussion around this): Make it as easy as possible to upload/download recipes (with photos) to/from the Paprika app and AR.

Paprika already does a decent job of downloading from AR (but it could be better) and, while it's not impossible to upload to AR, it could be made MUCH easier. They already publish complete details about their compatible file format(s) ... so half the work would seem to be done.
    Last edited by MBMorgan; April 11, 2022, 11:00 AM.

I just obtained Paprika. I agree about both uploading and downloading.

Comment

Originally posted by MBMorgan View Post
      First: I'd suggest getting AmazingRibs.com on Paprika's list of Recommended Sites. I think you'd generate a ton of hits and almost certainly attract a substantial number of new members.

Second: (and I know there's already been some discussion around this): Make it as easy as possible to upload/download recipes (with photos) to/from the Paprika app and AR.

Paprika already does a decent job of downloading from AR (but it could be better) and, while it's not impossible to upload to AR, it could be made MUCH easier. They already publish complete details about their compatible file format(s) ... so half the work would seem to be done.
      On uploading... Ray has made it so you can attach the exported recipe file here, like so. I think he's working on parsing it so it displays in the post vs just being an attachment but for getting a recipe to other Paprika users, it's a start.

Attached Files
      Last edited by rickgregory; April 11, 2022, 04:46 PM.

Comment

I use Paprika on an iPad and when I find a recipe3in Amazing Ribs or on any website I simply hit the forward icon and click on Paprika. I don’t know how it works on any of the other platforms, but I can imagine it being any easier. I recently discovered that, so there may be something similar available for you.

Comment

• rickgregory
          rickgregory commented
          Editing a comment
          OMG... I bought this in 2014. It's version 2.2 and works fine. But they have a version 3... and... I can add a recipe in one click with it. Click the Share icon, choose Paprika... done.

(slaps forehead. Grabs bourbon...)
          Last edited by rickgregory; April 11, 2022, 05:47 PM.

• LA Pork Butt
          LA Pork Butt commented
          Editing a comment
          rickgregory that’s a lot more trouble than the iPad version.

• rickgregory
          rickgregory commented
          Editing a comment
          LA Pork Butt - see my edit. I was on a VERY old version. Doh.

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here