Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problems uploading photos using iPad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems uploading photos using iPad

Now that Christmas is over I wanted to change back my avatar to my previous one. The hat was making my fur itch.
    I had the previous avatar saved on my iPad. However when I attempt to upload my previous avatar by selecting, it fails to upload.
    I ran into this same problem in the past few days when trying to upload another photo to a post. It appears to me that it only affects photos below a certain size, around 25-50 kb.
    I was able to upload and change my avatar using a desktop Mac.

I'm also scratching my head but it's not the hat making it itch.

Comment

maybe avatars have a bear minimum?

Comment

Make sure that you aren't trying to upload an Apple-proprietary HEIF format image from the iPad. If that's what's happening, you'll need to convert it to JPEG instead. You might also want to go into Settings on the iPad and set the default for photos to JPEG.

Comment

• Donw
          Donw commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for the advice. The photos in question are jpegs, but still a good suggestion.

• FireMan
          FireMan commented
          Editing a comment
          That’s exactly what I was goin to say, the JPEG HEIF conversion thing, yessir.

• raywjohnson
          raywjohnson commented
          Editing a comment
          This software does not support the upload of HEIF base images. And it looks like no web browser can display the HEIF/HEIC formats.

Well, yer back & with the kale in yer mouth!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here