Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

links in Email from Pity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

links in Email from Pity

Email from Pitmaster Club does not come as HTML, with clickable links

Is this a setting in my account?.

Greetings SammyJ ,

No setting on Pitmaster for that.

All emails are sent with the Content-Type: text/html; charset="UTF-8" header.

So they are HTML, the links will not always be HTML encoded, but your email client should do that automatically for you.

What email client are you using? I will see if there is a setting on your email client that is causing this.

--RayJ

Comment

Thunderbird, other links come in and or clickable

Comment

Thunderbird.. nice! Good email client.

Just for reference, here is the email notice for this topic, in GMail. Note the link is active (converted to clickable).

Click image for larger version

Name:	html-email-links.png
Views:	235
Size:	35.4 KB
ID:	1067298

So this still tends to indicate the email client is not properly making the links clickable.

Can you check to see if you have anything that filters or settings that specifically target pitmaster.amazingribs.com ?

I will do some checking on Thunderbird's settings, see if I can guide you one what to look for. Stay tuned...

Comment

Found this on Mozilla support forum.

Hyperlinks in Messages Not Working

And this:

Links in Thunderbird Not Working? Here’s What to Do!
          Last edited by raywjohnson; July 26, 2021, 11:09 PM.

Comment

Thanks, I went through all that, took the easy way out, I own Office, outlook here I come

Comment

• jfmorris
              jfmorris commented
              Editing a comment
              I have Office too. If your email is on Gmail or another IMAP service, Outlook in my experience is about the worst (i.e. slowest) mail client I've ever used. Thunderbird seems to handle Gmail accounts much better.

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here