Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Menu switched to mobile too soon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Menu switched to mobile too soon

If you're playing with the CSS around the menu, ignore this, but I'm seeing the hamburger menu kick in anytime the viewport is under about 1200px which is too early. (see below). If you need more space, consider moving Member Benefits under My Membership.

NOTE: Divide the numbers below by 2 since the laptop is a retina display

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-05-28 at 10.33.18 AM.png
Views:	205
Size:	73.6 KB
ID:	1037315
    Last edited by rickgregory; May 28, 2021, 11:48 AM.

The transition from menu bar to hamburger menu is dynamically calculated depending on the width of the menu bar. That changes depending on if you are logged in, or have messages, the number makes the bar wider.

This is by design. So that the menu bar items do not wrap and break the formatting.

Click image for larger version

Name:	menu-bar-to-burger.png
Views:	200
Size:	251.1 KB
ID:	1037448

Comment

• rickgregory
      rickgregory commented
      Editing a comment
      That feels... too wide. Is there a reason to have Member Benefits at the top level vs under My Membership? I mean... if I'm logged in...

The thing is, on a 13" laptop, I get the mobile menu if my window is less than 80% of the screen width. If the menu items all need to stay, maybe reduce font size a bit until ~940px then go burger?
      Last edited by rickgregory; May 28, 2021, 09:23 PM.

• raywjohnson
      raywjohnson commented
      Editing a comment
      I hear you. These are easy to change, but the menu items, font size, etc are decided by the boss. If it were up to me I would put the following under the My Membership drop down: Recent Posts, My Posts, Member Benefits, Recipes Only and Show Us. Restore the "Home" link as the first element, then set the change (bar to burger) width to 540px.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here