Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Deleted posts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deleted posts

When we subscribe to a thread and get a notification for a new post that has been deleted, we will not get any further notifications for new posts until we view the thread by finding it without a notification. A certain member, cough cough Panhead John 😂, likes to frequently delete posts, which essentially unsubscribes me from that thread until I track it back down in the channels. Would it be possible to change it so instead of getting the "oops" message when a post is deleted we instead get a link to the thread so we don’t lose our subscription?

What happens if you just block Panhead John? If it don’t send notices for his scrupulous activity will it still unsubscribe you? Maybe we should all block him and see if it works.
    Last edited by glitchy; May 2, 2021, 02:47 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

• Steve B
      Steve B commented
      Editing a comment
      😂😂😂

If only it was that simple.

Comment

I am still subscribed when someone deletes a post. I got an oops myself twice today. One of them was deleted on SUWYC. And I’m still getting notices of posts or messages from there. And it wasn’t me that deleted either of the posts. What I did though was "dismiss" the notice that gave me the "oops" message in the first place.

Comment

• Steve B
        Steve B commented
        Editing a comment
        Some how I don’t think that’s gonna happen. 😁

• Red Man
        Red Man commented
        Editing a comment
        Panhead John I’m pretty sure your deletions are for the best 😂.

• Panhead John
        Panhead John commented
        Editing a comment
        Red Man Exactly! I’m trying my best not to get a lifetime ban.

Heh, heh, heh. What will we do? What can we do?

Comment

• Panhead John
        Panhead John commented
        Editing a comment
        Do not resist. It is futile.

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        Brother, I reckon it would be Community-Building if'n we'uns all at least went through th motions of tryin hard to at least give th appearance that we even give a rodent's patootie bout Panhead John 's posts...

There: That's alla th Love i had to squeeze out, today lol

• FireMan
        FireMan commented
        Editing a comment
        Patootie, yeah! 🕶

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here