Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First Braten cook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Braten cook

Fired up the new rig yesterday for a tri-tip and a porterhouse. Started with Oakridge Santa Maria rub (seemed natural).

Then some Royal Oak lump charcoal flanked by a couple of Kingsford hickory splits from Home Depot.

Rearranged the logs after a while (no idea where this was a good move).

Brought the grate down and got a decent sear at the end.

I didn't get any pics cutting into it as everyone was wolfing it down...but they would have showed closer to medium than the MR I was shooting for. Practice will make perfect I'm sure.

Found myself adjusting the grate height constantly which I'm sure was unnecessary.. Meater mostly said ambient temp was low 200s. Right after I moved the logs it got hot even up high and I moved meat to indirect for a bit.

Today am trying the offset to smoke some small hunks of pork but...so much adventure to pursue!
    Attached Files

Looks real good. Congrats!

Comment

That’s a really nice rig seldom mentioned here. Congrats, I’m a big fan of live fire cooking !!

Comment

Good looking cook and grill.

Comment

Yummy 🤤 🙌🙌

Comment

I'd eat that.

Comment

Man, adjusting the grate height is unnecessary but spinning the wheel sure is fun.

Comment

• das85
                das85 commented
                Editing a comment
                that is so true

Have fun cooking on and learning the new rig!

Comment

Some times you just have to move the coals a lil bit for a more consistent heat

Comment

Looking Great!

Comment

Looks very good. I was really considering that grill but could not find many videos working with it even though it has been around for a while. Keep us informed (with pics) on how you learn to cook with that grill....thx.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here