Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thoughts on the Everdure Hub by Heston Blumenthal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thoughts on the Everdure Hub by Heston Blumenthal?

It's pretty but I don't think it would look that nice after a year outdoors. I never heard of these. Open face no cover so low and slow is out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9lA...s#action=share

There's one 1* review on WS of the Everdure Hub by Heston Blumenthal.

There is a cover they sell for another additional $60.

On the plus side, it has a pretty cool rotisserie... But I think not. not for $2K.

You could get a Good One Open Range for that, and rig a rotisserie for it.

Comment

Well, hmmm. If I want to pile all the charcoal on the grate and push a button to start it, and leave the lid off, I can already do that on my Weber Performer Deluxe. For a heck of a lot less money!

Comment

What got me was the sound of how thin n flimsy that sheetmetal sounded when dumping the bag of charcoal on. A charcoal chimney would be a lot more reliable than a push button ignitor oafter 2 years use.

Comment

• Old Glory
          Old Glory commented
          Editing a comment
          That was my thought. Thin painted sheet metal that will rust in 6 months.

• Spinaker
          Spinaker commented
          Editing a comment
          That is the first thing I noticed.

Does anyone else shudder when people refer to "a barbecue" as a noun, referring to the grill/smoker? I hate that.

And I think Weber had the push button gas charcoal igniter longer. Maybe not in England.

Comment

• Huskee
          Huskee commented
          Editing a comment
          Steve R. I try to be open-minded too, but I still hate it. To me,"BBQ" is the food & the sauce. Not the event (although I can tolerate that) and certainly not the device! I also shudder when I see flyers at work "Join us for a lunchtime BBQ in the parking lot- hot dogs and chips, $3". I get that BBQ is a broad term, but to this camper BBQ is brisket and ribs, not a 5 min hot dog cook in a parking lot. ItsAllGoneToTheDogs I say "shop" but I suppose shop is something you *do*, not a place!

• ecowper
          ecowper commented
          Editing a comment
          I am so inviting BBQRapper and Huskee to my 4th of July Barbecue, where we will cook food on the BBQ

• Murdy
          Murdy commented
          Editing a comment
          Could be worse, in some parts of Wisconsin a "barbecue" is a sloppy joe

I think it's especially awesome that you lean over the thing to press the igniter button. What could possibly go wrong with that?

Comment

I think I'll pass.

Comment

My MCS didn't even have the slightest tremor or tingle. Seems like a waste.

Comment

Did someone say 2 grand for that? Yikes! I have a looong and varied MCS list but that thing will not make the cut.

Comment

The rotisserie set up on that is pretty epic. That’s all I see going for it.

Comment

Much rather have a Hasty Bake or a LSG Charcoal Grill.

Comment

The charcoal chamber is awfully small for something that size. No lid? So basically you are limited to thin cuts of meat the cook quickly. I'll pass.

Comment

• Potkettleblack
                      Potkettleblack commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Has a rotisserie, so I think I can go a bit longer and broader than just thin cuts.

• JeffJ
                      JeffJ commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Potkettleblack I do get that. I have a rotisserie for my Performer and while it cost a couple of hundred bucks the total package is still way cheaper and far more versatile than this thing.

• Potkettleblack
                      Potkettleblack commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Yeah, I’m not pimping for the grill. I see the appeal for folks who want a grill to entertain and look like something people might want to stand around. The rotisserie is kinda cool, but again, it’s for a particular person. An Arteflame would seem to have the same appeal.

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here