Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trade my Bobby Flay's grill for new?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, gotta response from him and pasting it below.. I love the product and I'll never bash anyone because no need.. However.... I was pretty shocked by the deal that was offered. Which part of it including me paying for shipping from and to (for the new grill, but me paying for the grill to be shipped to them?????)
    Like I said I love the product and thanks for the wise advice offered by all. I was almost tempted but me paying for shipping to... Closed the case.. Here's the email response;

Tim,

My apologies on not getting back to you as I’ve been away at another business of mine.

Cost of the new 1000 series is $2826
    Shipping to and from $1184
    Total for those two items. $4010
    Trade in value $1500
    Total due $2510

That’s up to you whether you want to trade or not. For me personally, yes it would be neat to get it back because it is part of our story. On the other hand, now you know the story on how it got to you. And like you said being a fan of the grill for some time, I would have to imagine the grill will be taken care of and the story retold over some beer and friends. Does not matter to me which route you want to take.

BTW, I’ve attached a picture of that grill. You can see the pin on the axle near the eyelet.

Click image for larger version

Name:	bobby autograph pic.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	95.8 KB
ID:	395442
    Last edited by Timcee; October 14, 2017, 10:01 PM.

Comment

• ComfortablyNumb
      ComfortablyNumb commented
      Editing a comment
      $2510 and a new grill or for $908 more you get a new grill and keep the Bobby Flay grill. Too bad all decisions aren't that easy!

• ComfortablyNumb
      ComfortablyNumb commented
      Editing a comment
      BTW, a great grill is a great grill. As far as I'm concerned this doesn't take away from the grill. Nor the company for that matter. They offered what they were willing to get the grill back, and likely fully expected the answer they got. Let's all grill and be friends, eh?

• phrogpilot73
      phrogpilot73 commented
      Editing a comment
      It's almost like he made the decision for you! I don't think he wanted it back TOO much, or he would have done an even trade and paid for shipping. I think maybe he wanted you to know the backstory...

What a beautiful grill and wonderful story! Great restoration!

Comment

• Timcee
      Timcee commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you!

Oh, and from a native Angeleno to another Angeleno....Go Dodgers!!!

Comment

• Timcee
      Timcee commented
      Editing a comment
      Go Dodgers!!! Yes I agree nothing takes away from the grill or the company... I still love it and will continue to love it as I use it.. But $2510 in addition to the now $1800 I've put into the one I have makes it a $4310 grill.. I'm happy to stop at $1800... lol

The fact it doesn't matter to him clearly shows in the offer. I'm glad you got the pic from them.

I know you're going to love Bobbys grill!

Comment

• Timcee
      Timcee commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes if I ever meet Bobby.. I'll invite him over!

• Timcee
      Timcee commented
      Editing a comment
      Sent you a message as well but thank you on the cleaning tips... Worked out amazing! Will post pics once I paint a little

Timcee, Sorry to Get to this Pig Roast Late‼️ By Heritage (Scottish) I'm admittedly A Cheap "SOB"❓ That being Said "by me", I was Quite Amazed by How Many Scottsman are in the "Pit Club"❓❓❓ ‼️🤗🙄🤗‼️
    The Definition of a Sale is the Agreement Between Two Willing People for the Exchange of a Product for the Agreed Upon Price in $, Merchandise or Services of "Equal" Value, and the Check Clears‼️ I would Evaluate Your Current
    Situation as a Negotiation‼️ 👍👍👍👍👍 You have One Fine Grill There‼️ Enjoy It‼️ 👍👍👍👍👍
    Eat Well and Prosper❗️ From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

• Timcee
      Timcee commented
      Editing a comment
      You're NEVER late!! I have definitely settled on keeping this baby and enjoying it! No agreement with their offer and not in the mood for negotiation since I already like what I have! Shall def eat well with this baby!!

• Danjohnston949
      Danjohnston949 commented
      Editing a comment
      Timcee, 👍👍👍👍👍, I don't have a Dog in This Hunt❗️But I believe You Have Come to the Right Decision❗️
      👍👍👍👍👍
      From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Congrats, good looking grill. Nice story to go with it. Grill on!

Comment

Congrats on a good lookin grill! Just imagine on what you can spend the money on, from what you saved. MCS, yeah!
      At least you could buy a poster of Bobby & stand it next to it when it’s not in use. Maybe someone can photo shop you a poster.

Comment

• Timcee
        Timcee commented
        Editing a comment
        Right with the money saved I'm sure it'll be MUCH cheaper than the offer I received from them to buy a Bobby Flay poster!

This is a really cool story! A little BBQ folk lore. I love the fact that you kept the grill. If they really wanted the grill back, they would have just given you a new grill and taken that one back, shipping included. Their pockets are plenty deep to ship you a new grill and pay for shipping, they just didn't want it back bad enough. As he told you in the E-mail.

Very cool story. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

• Timcee
        Timcee commented
        Editing a comment
        I thought the same thing about them not really wanting it back and now I'll enjoy it to the fullest!

• Spinaker
        Spinaker commented
        Editing a comment
        And you have a great story to go with it. Timcee

You would've went from notable collector's item/functional grill attained at a deal... to no deal, no notable collector's item and less cash in your pocket to boot.

I'm glad you kept it!

Comment

• Timcee
        Timcee commented
        Editing a comment
        Exactly... I was hoping for a better deal than what was offered.. More so because I thought it meant more to them and wanted to get it back to them for the sentimental value... Guess it really didn't mean THAT much.. :-D

So glad you kept it. Enjoy!

Kathryn

Comment

• Timcee
        Timcee commented
        Editing a comment
        Now that I've used it a couple of times I am too! Thanks!

D keep it!! You have a "One of a Kind" and it was Bobby Flay’s to boot! They are tight wads! They know they can get so much more for that grill and only offered credit?? Heck with them!! I’d keep it

Comment

• Huskee
        Huskee commented
        Editing a comment
        Welcome!

• Timcee
        Timcee commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh boy you can believe... I kept it! Bbq'd on it last weekend! Amazing results. I'm sure had they gotten it back they would've auctioned it for a good amount, however if any auction happen it'll be going in my account!!

No one's even talking about the added value because it was used by Bobby Flay. They should have offered you way more. Glad you kept it!

Comment

• Huskee
        Huskee commented
        Editing a comment
        Welcome!

• Timcee
        Timcee commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm even MORE glad I kept it!! Yea I was a little disappointed that they didn't offer a better deal but wasn't suppose to happen.. My treasure!

I don't think it's really about any added value, other than fun conversation around dinner. What really flabbergasts me is that they thought Timcee would actually accept that offer to do more, pay more, and get less.

Comment

• Timcee
        Timcee commented
        Editing a comment
        Right!! Pay more and get less including paying for the shipping to get the machine to them???? Umm... Am I missing something? I know what I'm not missing... The grill!! lol

• billg71
        billg71 commented
        Editing a comment
        I know what my response would be, I just can't post it. Let's just say it would be profane and suggest a physically impossible method of procreation!...
        Enjoy the new grill and send Bobby an invitation to come over and cook on it. If he accepts be sure to take some pics.
        Last edited by billg71; October 27, 2017, 07:58 PM.

Well now that it is out of Bobby's hands it can get some real use.

It is cooler this way anyway. I am a bit envious of the cool times you will have with friends telling them. Oh yeah you know that there grill used to be Bobby's Flay's.

Who is Bobby Flay? You know one of them Food Network stars. He used to go to people's restaurants and beat them making their own stuff. Isn't that kind of mean? Na, its all for a show...who knows if the judg'in is fair.

Comment

• Timcee
        Timcee commented
        Editing a comment
        Don't be envious! C'mon over and join the conversation and food! Btw, I've actually had someone asked me who's Bobby Flay when I told them.. LOL... I almost explained them the same way you said!

What a great story! I've really enjoyed this post. Thanks for sharing, and congrats on a great looking cooker!

Comment

• Timcee
        Timcee commented
        Editing a comment
        thank you thank you!!

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here