Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Argentine style grates jerry rig

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Argentine style grates jerry rig

Finally, after over a year without visitors, our children and grandchildren are now starting to visit. Since one of grandsons is also bringing along his university girlfriend who is a vegetarian I decided to cook Steve Rachlien’s vegetable paella for her. I wanted to cook it on my LSG Santa Maria, but I have the argentine style grates which are slanted, however with a little jerry rigging I think I licked the problem. After doing some messuring came up with the solution.

1. Remove the full upper shelf from my Yoder 640
    2. Cut and drill some 1.5” iron angle to attach to the rear of the shelf with a few spare bolts and washers. Found I didn’t even need to remove the iron when fitting it back for use in the Yoder.
    3. While the shelf doesn’t slide when moving the pan around, unfortunately s**t happens, so as a preventative measure I wanted some clamps or stops that would easily attach to the grates. The solution was spare timer trippers I had in a drawer.

Click image for larger version

Name:	9436225B-68B5-4499-8FA5-6D60F6990798.jpeg
Views:	279
Size:	240.3 KB
ID:	1035080Click image for larger version

Name:	0EB53418-94C9-43EC-8010-4E91A42CDBE5.jpeg
Views:	223
Size:	243.3 KB
ID:	1035081

You know what's going to happen right?

Once she smells whatever else you're cooking that veg thing goes out the window!

Comment

Very clever, Donw

Comment

Didn’t know you opted for the Argentine V grates. I like their stainless grate option better. Nice hack none the-less.

Comment

Yeah to HawkerXP . Cook xtra meat just in case & maybe throw a drip of bacon or two on just to entice her, heh, heh, heh. 🕶

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here