Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alexa cookbook skills and adding your own

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alexa cookbook skills and adding your own

I am finally biting the bullet and outfitting parts of our home with Alexa. One of those places is the kitchen. I have a video device in there.

What I would like to do put some of the recipes that I have collected into an app that I can call up in the kitchen via Alexa. What I mean, is that I don't want to have to open up a browser or print a recipe if I want to make a rub or sauce. I want to be able to call it up on Alexa.

It looks like Allrecipes.com has a skill and it is written up so that you can create private recipes and use them for yourself. But apparently there is a gap between Alexa and Allrecipe so that you have no way to access your private recipes form Alexa. In other words, your allrecipe login is not linked to Alexa.

Does anyone know of a skill where I can go to a web page and put these recipes into a webpage and then call them up in Alexa? I am sure that I could create a list, like a shopping list, but I want something a bit more focused.

Alexa has become like my wife....I barely exist
    As far as recipes on Alexa , wayyyy over my head

Comment

The only way I could ever get a recipe off Alexa would be to tape a copy of the recipe to Alexa...

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      Rubs Promo
      Meat-Up in Memphis