Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TV series: The Butcher

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TV series: The Butcher

For my Canadian smoking buddies there is a TV series called The Butcher that is showing every episode on History channel all day today.
    They put four butchers up against each other cutting beef and pork carcasses and narrow it down to the final two who then have to butcher some wild card beast.
    If nothing else its interesting to see where these cuts of meat come from and how they are cut out of the carcass.

This is in interesting series.

Comment

I'll have to check but probably not in the USA?

Comment

• Razor
        Razor commented
        Editing a comment
        I just downloaded the History Channel app and it was on there. Looks like the same guy who hosted Top Gun a few years back. Can’t think of his name right now but I like how he narrates things.

Skip it's been on the History Channel, I think by the same outfit that does the Forged in Fire shows. I've only seen a couple of episodes, and I think it's between seasons right now. The show feels a bit contrived to me. After a couple episodes it couldn't hold my interest.

Comment

• Skip
        Skip commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks JCGrill . I'll watch for it to be on the History Channel.

• smokin fool
        smokin fool commented
        Editing a comment
        JCGrill agree on the holding your interest thing, after a few episodes I agree you sorta have where the brisket or pork bell comes from. Itwas the lesser know cuts mentioned on this site that piqued my interest.
        Contrived, maybe, some of those butchers did make a mess some cuts which, and hey I'm o butcher should have been easy to do.

My problem with it was things like
      - timed contest - quality work takes time
      - unfamiliar animals - butchers are going to work with stuff they know
      - unfamiliar tools - you're going to pick stuff that works for you

So for me the winner is going to be the one that plays the game the best, not the one that is necessarily the best butcher.

Comment

I watched it here in the USA. But have not seen it for a while. Wonder if it will continue in 2020.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here