Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Butchering videos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Butchering videos

This is a good one. The part I like is the use of anatomical as well as butchering terminology. The web page also gives links to other videos, which I have not personally watched, yet.

Butcher and author Bryan Mayer shows Bon Appetit how to butcher an entire pig at Wyebrook Farm and explains every cut of pork. There are five sections of the pig that yield edible cuts: pork shoulder, pork belly, pork loin, pork butt (or ham), and the head. From those sections, the butcher can offer sausage, bacon, spare ribs, brisket, ribs, steaks, pork chops, pork cutlets, coppa, presa, secreto, and tenderloin.

You didn't get enough of this when you were a practicing saw bones? hehehe

Very interesting, thanks.
    Last edited by HawkerXP; June 26, 2019, 11:49 AM.

Comment

• RonB
      RonB commented
      Editing a comment
      Ya just reminded me of somethin'. The record for amputation of a major limb is 30 seconds - and the surgeon lost two fingers while sawing. Care to guess when this happened?

During the Civil War.

Well, I just tried finding the reference and couldn't. I did find a reference to a 25 sec amputation in England.

I still like the story though.
      Last edited by RonB; June 26, 2019, 11:43 AM.

Awesome thanks for the share!

Comment

"No good deed" my friend. Thank you sir something to watch later. Been removing from food surgery. Ugh!

Comment

I thought something entirely different upon seein the title. 🕶

Comment

• gcdmd
          gcdmd commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes, but we all know that you have a twisted mind.

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here