Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cooking Show I have Never Seen Before.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cooking Show I have Never Seen Before.

Some months ago I got sick of paying buko bucks for cable TV I never watch anyway. So I cut the cord and bought an antenna that looks like a place mat and put it in the window. That along with Netflix, Hulu, and couple of others, I don't miss a thing.

I didn't know I had 4 channels of PBS over the air. So while flipping through I came across this show, "Pati's Mexican Table" by Pati Jinich. I can't believe I never heard of her.

It it is wonderful show with some nice recipes and just an over all feel good family show. I want to take some of her recipes and adapt to them to outdoor cooking.

Anyway...Worth a watch.

I will check it out - thanx.

Comment

We cut the cord exactly like you did a few years back. Also added an antenna DVR from Channelmaster. And yes, Patti’s Mexican Table is excellent.

Comment

• troymeister
        troymeister commented
        Editing a comment
        I have to say cutting the cord has been truly liberating. Not to mention going from almost $200 a month to $49 a month internet only has been quite freeing. Maybe a few extra bucks to feed MCS...lol

• ComfortablyNumb
        ComfortablyNumb commented
        Editing a comment
        Myself as well last year. Antenna for local channels (free + the 4 PBS) and a tonne of movies through Prime Video which is included with my Prime Membership. I was able to subscribe to MLB Extra Innings through Prime as well, the bonus being I can watch games after they were played, unlike when I had it through DirecTV where it was watch live or miss out.

Patti started in dc in politics. Later cooked. She and her husband are very well educated and live in texas

Comment

• Steve B
        Steve B commented
        Editing a comment
        Hell yeah. ComfortablyNumb He would take over the internet and social media. The man rocks. 👊👊👊

• gcdmd
        gcdmd commented
        Editing a comment
        I thought they lived in the DC area. Was I wrong or did they move recently? Where in Texas?

• HouseHomey
        HouseHomey commented
        Editing a comment
        gcdmd I’m not sure. I like her show but tuned her out when I didn’t care for her communication to her audience and only shows back up to sell something.

Does she have the thick accent or is that another Mexican cooking PBS hostess? Wife & I liked watching one who had a thick accent. That and Lidia's Italy.

Comment

• HouseHomey
        HouseHomey commented
        Editing a comment
        She does have a think accent. Her English is fantastic and likely better than ours. That lessens the thick accent but makes it stand out as she annunciates perfectly. Lidia is more of an Italian grandmama and is amazing too.

• Huskee
        Huskee commented
        Editing a comment
        HouseHomey everything either of them make is awesome, great shows!

• HouseHomey
        HouseHomey commented
        Editing a comment
        "Theeze eez" is proper English around here. 😃

I'm cord cutter too. We use Roku with Tablo as a DVR. I'm also a fan of Pati's Table and also bought her book, which I think is excellent. Happy Cinco de Mayo. I'm just getting ready to release some pork chili verde from the instant pot. Made it with fresh roasted tomatillos, roasted onion and garlic, and a chunk of bone in pork shoulder. I boned it and made a broth out of the bone and fat. Added some Stub's Green Chili Anytime sauce - contains Hatch peppers. Gonna throw it on some mini street tacos.

Comment

Pati is great! My sons and love Kevin Belton.

Comment

Food network and Cooking Channel are turds. All the good cooking shows are on PBS.

Patti is good. PBS gets you America's Test Kitchen among scores of series featuring actual chefs.

Man, I hate Food Network and the culture of Chefutainment.

Comment

• HouseHomey
            HouseHomey commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah I wonder when was the last time they cleaned a grill, plated an app or with some... ever worked a line.

• HawkerXP
            HawkerXP commented
            Editing a comment
            Last line I worked on made my nose bleed! HouseHomey

• HouseHomey
            HouseHomey commented
            Editing a comment
            HawkerXP So, so many places to go with that one. This is me passing it up. That was hilarious.

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here