Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Five Smokin Mistakes...Video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Five Smokin Mistakes...Video

Lemme preface this with:

I think I posted in th proper area, beins this addresses Technique.

If not, Moderators please move my post to th appropriate category.

I really enjoy this feller's cookin videos/receipts/style, mebbe yall might, as well.

I am always out there, learnin.

Even though this might be aimed more t'wards helpin 'neophytes', I feel like there is always more to learn, an enjoyed this video a great deal.

Hope yall do, as well!

His #1 is my #1 as well.

Comment

• dahcopilot
      dahcopilot commented
      Editing a comment
      i can claim em all

Always good to hear this again. Some day it just might sink in.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Reckon we're in th same row, then, Brother !

Thanks for that. I really liked # 1. Sometimes I don't relax. Great perspective.

Comment

Thank you sir.
      I needed a dose of that.

Comment

Wow, that was great, thanks

Comment

Yeah, boy! Ry has a wonderful YouTube channel. Low key, honest cooks, pleasant un-shrill demeanor. This was one of the first of his i watched.

Comment

Great video, thanks for sharing. Pretty much common sense, but as we all know that goes out the window many times when we r trying too much. His #1 is right on the spot

Comment

#1 is good but his first point is what I'm gonna show the wife so I can feed my MCS. And he's not wrong at all on any of his points, but I limped along with a gasser and various smoker inserts for years, never happy with the result and often not worth the effort. Then I got the Big Easy SRG (great bird cooker, not knocking it) and I was happier with certain smoke cooks like butts but still fighting it to get results. Got to the point I was looking at hundreds of dollars of mods to get it to something I still wouldn't be satisfied with. If I could only have one cooker on the deck, the MAK does a great job at smoking and is a pretty good grill too... but there are things out there that do things better. Next purchase is definitely a flat top of some sort which will compliment the MAK for reverse searing and certain sides (in addition to all the fun hibachi and buffet style cooks I could do.

Comment

Thanks Bones. This guy seems to have it figured out. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘Š๐Ÿ‘Š

Comment

Sometimes we forget & the computer graphs come out & 11 probed thermo-meter & the ultra focused temps are read & the brow krinkles, then we canโ€™t laugh even. Yup, way to serious. Fun, taste & a little work seems to be a good formula. Cool! รฐลธโ€ขยถ

Comment

Everything I cook is done perfectly and is delicious, plus Iโ€™m very happy when I cook and well I donโ€™t have any bbq issues....

Comment

• Steve B
                      Steve B commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Hahahahaha. You crack me up Steve. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Thanks for sharing. Number 1 is why I smoke meat, ok well next to eating it.

Comment

I'm doing it for the good time of sharing it all when I'm done and watching folks as they eat - the smiles, they're relaxing. That in itself makes me so excited to start the process that day, outside, cleaning the grates and emptying the ash pits is where it starts (sometimes the night before ;o).

But really, it's part of my life. Looking at the cuts I could bring home when shopping. Salting the cuts a day or two in advance, rotating things in the fridges, food and fire is with me everyday. I wouldn't have it any other way.

Comment

Thanks for that post Bonsey. Due to a chronic condition that I have, if I can't relax, I'm not doing it. I have enough self inflicted stress at work, that I need zero at home. Hell, if I think I will get stressed about cooking, with no enjoyment during the cooking process, I'll just open some potted meat. Done and I'm happy.

BTW, I'll start a post, probably tomorrow, I guess fits with number 5.

No promises! A good nap has to be worked in tomorrow.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here