Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How you know you have great employees...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How you know you have great employees...

So a couple weeks ago I posted a picture of Meathead's book, which my wife bought me unsolicited for Valentine's Day. Big deal.

Today, one of my employees walks in and asks me if I've ever heard of Powell's Books in Portland (where he's from). I say no. He tells me he was just back there and brought me a gift. It was this amazing book of tips and recipes.

Needless to say I was elated. And I told him, I know how this works; you buy me this book and i bring in more smoked meats for the guys 😆👊😎

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190228_222057.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	148.7 KB
ID:	643680

That's a great book!

Comment

That is one laidback dude. I’d like to have that book. Thanks for bringing it back to the front of my mind. And congratulations on having a great employee. Is it possible they have a great boss?

Comment

• SpeedyB
        SpeedyB commented
        Editing a comment
        I appreciate you suggesting that Willard. We do pour heavily into our team 😊

Says a little something about who they are gifting the book to. 🕶

Comment

• SpeedyB
        SpeedyB commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks FireMan 😎

That's sweet affirmation right there my man. You're a good cook AND a good boss. Striving to be a good supervisor is damn hard work and it's full of so many pitfalls and traps. Get it right 100 times and nobody notices, get it wrong once and it's a total crash and burn. Keep up the great work!!

Comment

• Willard
        Willard commented
        Editing a comment
        So true. Spoken like a man who’s been there.

• SpeedyB
        SpeedyB commented
        Editing a comment
        CaptainMike man, ain't that the truth! I've owned several business over the last decade and a half and have poured exhaustively into team members. Many don't always appreciate nor reciprocate, however when you build your organization around guys/gals who are grateful and humble, it can breed wonderful results; as evidenced here.

Thanks for the kind words!

Great employee. . . or brown noser????

Comment

• SpeedyB
        SpeedyB commented
        Editing a comment
        Haha, he's a very productive worker and his work speaks for itself. I think the former, for sure ;-)

Great post SpeedyB . I've been in your shoes too. Great employees don't just happen, it takes give and take both ways. There are people who get it and people who don't get it. There's no doubt in my mind that your Employee and You Both Get It!! Good job and best of luck with all your employees! Nice book too.

Comment

• SpeedyB
        SpeedyB commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Skip. Quality culture takes effort, no doubt!

Going to do a brisket side-by-side test tomorrow while we're supposed to get 12" of snow. I'll have more to report soon....

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here