Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Legends of Texas BBQ Cookbook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Legends of Texas BBQ Cookbook

After checking out Troutman's post about the H.J. Leggie Texas low & slow chicken
    (https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...w-slow-chicken), I took a look at Amazon to see if they had this book, and found the Kindle edition for $1.80. So of course it was added to my growing collection of digital cookbooks.

Never heard of this one..13.48 on Amazon will be here in two days. I am a sucker for BBQ and old church cookbooks!!

Comment

Despite my self imposed prohibition against purchasing more Kindle cookbooks, I bought this one. Thanks for the tip, klflowers
      Last edited by Spacecase; February 18, 2019, 08:58 PM.

Comment

• klflowers
        klflowers commented
        Editing a comment
        You are welcome, Spacecase. I had to stop buying the actual books, no room on the shelf. The kindle will probably get out of control.

I’ve had this book for several years. It is a joy to read and reread.

Comment

• BRic
        BRic commented
        Editing a comment
        Sounds like this book is worth the read and how are the recipes in the book ?

• Texas Larry
        Texas Larry commented
        Editing a comment
        BRic the recipes are old, tried and true, some might need updating for some tastes. I find them interesting for historical perspective. The author adds a few of his own. Based on the traditional ones.

• BRic
        BRic commented
        Editing a comment
        Texas Larry Thanks for the information .

One thing I appreciate about Texans is they are all from Texas, unlike Oregon, Washington, and Idaho where they are all from California.....

Comment

Except Cowboys fans. Got a cousin who has never stepped foot in Texas but he is an obnoxious cowboy fan.

Comment

• klflowers
          klflowers commented
          Editing a comment
          Not that all Cowboys fans are obnoxious, but my cousin is, bless his heart.

• Texas Larry
          Texas Larry commented
          Editing a comment
          Here is one Texan who is NOT a Cowboys fan! "America’s Team"—Uh-huh.

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here