Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Science of Great Barbeque and Grilling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Science of Great Barbeque and Grilling

I bought 4 of MH's SGB&G for some buddies who, after dining on the great food that I have learned how to cook (Thanks to you all) over the years, and listening to me extol unceasingly on the virtues of aforementioned book/website, have started to upgrade their outdoor cooking appliances and upping their respective grillin' and Que'n games.

You know you've hit the mark when one of the wives complains that her husband is up late reading the book, which he NEVER does, and one of the other wives says yeah, mine too! It is so fun to watch my friends get excited about what they're learning and how our conversations about cooking and food are starting to change. One even sprung for a Fireboard and is really looking forward to doing a beef tenderloin for his family Christmas Dinner.

I can't wait to see where they all take it. Thanks Meathead.
    Last edited by CaptainMike; December 14, 2018, 05:30 PM.

You are a good friend! I bought my daughter a Maverick X-R 50 and my other daughters husband a PBC for Christmas. I am so excited to see the look on their faces when they open them.

Comment

• CaptainMike
      CaptainMike commented
      Editing a comment
      And you, Sir, are a good Papa!! Got any single daughters left? Oh, wait, Mrs. CaptainMike might not approve....

I've been trying to do that, but my friends would rather I cook...

Comment

Nice job! It is great having friends that share the passion for grilling, smoking, and cooking. I bought books for my team members last year. I gave a co-worker the book, he uses a gasser 3 to 4 times a week year round. He has been grilling for 30 years, and has read SGB&G cover to cover at least twice. My co-worker now tells me about his cooks and the things he has changed since reading SGB&G.

Comment

Have given away a bunch of the books and a couple kettles and SNS, partyQs as well. Have to get them off to a good start.

Comment

Paying it forward. Great job guys.

Comment

This is great Mike! Spread the BBQ love! Makes sure they take advantage of the 90-day free trial. We would love to have them join The Pitmaster Club!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here