Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Recommended Cookbook--and a Chuckle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Recommended Cookbook--and a Chuckle

The book is the Jamison's "Tasting New Mexico" and I highly recommend it. The chuckle is from Calvin Trillin's article in the October 2002 issue of Gourmet Magazine, as reproduced in the Jamison's book.

"Breakfast turned out to be the meal I always had on my own while I was in Santa Fe. I could picture Nan nibbling on some yogurt and fresh fruit as she contemplated what out lunch and dinner were going to be, but I tried not to let that spoil my appetite."

"In fact, one morning, as I began thinking about how few mealtimes there were before my departure compared to how many chile-pits I had left to visit, I downed back-to-back breakfast burritos--first at a place called Tia Sophia's and then at Horseman's Haven...In both places I had half of the burrito covered in green chile and the other half covered in red--a combination that people in Santa Fe call Christmas. It beats corn flakes by a mile."

"It’s not a proper breakfast unless a pig dies."

My friend John Costello, a wise man for sure.

Comment

“When you wake up in the morning, Pooh," said Piglet at last, "what's the first thing you say to yourself?"

"What's for breakfast?" said Pooh. "What do you say, Piglet?"

"I say, I wonder what's going to happen exciting today?" said Piglet.

Pooh nodded thoughtfully. "It's the same thing," he said.”

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here