Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

outdoor cookbooks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

outdoor cookbooks

What are some of y’alls favorite bbq cook books? Also, best pizza making cookbook?

Love Meatheads book.

Comment

Meathead, Kenji Lopez-Alt's The Food Lab (not specifically outdoor oriented), Ken Forkish' The Elements of Pizza. Of course, there are a bunch of others, including Henrik 's Barbecue, Smoke and Fire, Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall's River Cottage Meat Book (again, not strictly outdoors, but transferable), Corinne Trang's The Asian Grill, ...
      Last edited by EdF; May 14, 2018, 06:13 PM.

Comment

I'll add Aaron Franklin's A Meat Smoking Manifesto to the list...

Comment

• EdF
          EdF commented
          Editing a comment
          And recipes on this site!

I have a few cooking books, including Larousse Gastronomique and both volumes of "mastering the Art of French cooking".

But my BBQ specific books include Meathead's book (which was a great help to me), Henrik's book (still reading it) and "barbecue sauces, rubs and marinades" by Steven Raichlen (more of a straight up recipie book, but that is what I wanted).

Comment

Learn something from all of them. Fun reading when you can’t be cooking.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1311.PNG
Views:	155
Size:	95.6 KB
ID:	499170Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1310.PNG
Views:	160
Size:	96.7 KB
ID:	499169Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1309.PNG
Views:	143
Size:	103.5 KB
ID:	499168 Besides Meathead's book these are the three I always seem to go to

Comment

Cooking with Fire by Paula Marcoux is pretty fun and inspiring. Shows you how to cook outdoors, making your own spit, cooking bread in a hearth, even a section on building an outdoor oven.

Also, Mallmann on Fire is just great.

Comment

Thank you all for the help. I am going to buy a couple of the ones y’all recommended and ask for a couple more for Father’s Day.

Comment

This was my very first BBQ book. I used it frequently before I found this site.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	LGqSzGUEiqHQ3HGSnAeCXKO5SRs77VhaF9y5ZWFU1xcfMNfzA-gk9rHJukdAMxYNjwn6gW2J2dmNnTlqgM3zle1yksmHeGhLgc5-oIv-xjneH23JwWGddZVjLCyFY_w8yscEOvj8wDcwSBFd4PxaicTT0aJuVoK7Q3uqD31Sy9Q8zkRq3p6bG-UMcRsiXd5IjJHxIu3z-_MXBh-r0NrnmAKafCaOWSZgvrhfEfcfGbJtXw_lf7Q7X9m20tR5bUk
Views:	138
Size:	135.0 KB
ID:	499649

Comment

Originally posted by mdmiller36 View Post
                      Also, best pizza making cookbook?
                      Raichlen's Barbecue Bible has an excellent basic pizza dough recipe with a little bit of cornmeal and whole wheat flour in addition to the white flour. I've had the book since it was published 20 years ago, and right now the Amazon Kindle version is 99 cents. In fact, check out the current Deal forum because there are several good ones there right now on Kindle. What's posted there so far this year has more than paid for my membership here.

About the pizza recipe; I used to call Raichlen's tomato, basil and cheese recipe First Date Pizza. Between the addition of whole wheat flour, cornmeal, and the chargrilled tomatoes, you could knock it out of the park.

Comment

• Attjack
                        Attjack commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I've never tried Raichlen's dough recipe. I can however recommend Ken Forkish's The Elements of Pizza book pictured above.

Meathead
                      Franklin
                      Marcella Hazan
                      In that Order

Comment

I just received Meatheads book and I am loving it.

Comment

An Enviable Compilation Of Cook Bookss Listed Here‼️ I Believe I Have Them All and Try To Gift As Many AS THE POCKET BOOKS ALLOWS‼️ HOT TIP: Never Pass A Thrift Store, Garage Sale, Or Used Book Store
                          Without Checking Their Cook Book Offerings‼️ I've Bought Beau Coupe No's For $.50 - $1.00 Each‼️ Good Enough For My Friends❓, Neighbor's❓, and Relatives❓❓ My Last New Book Purchase Was
                          Henrik 's Englsh Version of "BARBECUE fire and smoke"
                          👍 👍 👍 👍 👍
                          From Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	1.39 MB ID:	502333

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here