Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BBQ shows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BBQ shows

I am not cooking today we are eating yesterday's pulled pork, did prep a meatloaf to go on the grill tomorrow. Anyway just sitting on the couch watching BBQ With Franklin on UNC-TV. I dug through the direct-tv listings for like shows and found a couple. Obviously BBQ Pit Wars but you really have to be paying attention to learn anything from it. Also found an infomercial for Traeger masquerading as a BBQ show. So what shows do you watch and what network(s) are they on?

A new one is starting June 1 on the Destination America station called, I think, Smoked.

I like BBQ Pitmasters too. I even watch the reruns.

I heart Stump and Mama Stump on BBQ Pit Wars. He's so funny, with his commentary, and sometimes he beats out Myron in the judging.

There's a little kid BBQ competition, Kids BBQ Championship, starting tomorrow on Food Network. Not much to learn, I'm guessing, but I love to watch meat go on the fire, no matter who's tossing it.

Kathryn

And P.S. martybartram , if you're not already planning on it, toss some thin-sliced center cut bacon on top of that meatloaf before you smoke it. Crisp the bacon up at the end with about 30 seconds under the broiler. Yummy.
    Last edited by fzxdoc; May 22, 2016, 05:22 PM.

Comment

martybartram , FWIW, here's how I do smoked bacon-covered meatloaf on my PBC:

Smoked Bacon-Covered Meatloaf on the PBC

Kathryn

Comment

• martybartram
      martybartram commented
      Editing a comment
      I ran out and got bacon this morning

• Harry
      Harry commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for that link, Kathryn. We will be doing a meatloaf next week and have been flipping through recipes.

• martybartram
      martybartram commented
      Editing a comment
      I premixed, sealed and froze the beef, pork, bison mixture today

Man Fire Food is another one of my faves.

Comment

I like BBQ Pit Masters and Triple D. Triple D usually shows a BBQ joint at some point on the show. Plus you get to see a lot of crazy cooking ideas.

Comment

Franklin's show when I can catch it (mid-Saturdays it sometimes conflicts with real life) and Stephen Raichlen just because.

Comment

I should have known this topic would have been covered on the site. It is so full of information!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here