Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Book from Weber

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Book from Weber

Has anyone checked out this new book from Weber? Any good? Weber’s New American Barbecue™: A Modern Spin on the Classics

Welcome Sanjosedale

Comment

Sanjosedale, Welcome to The Pit! I can't get your link to load? I love your home town! Eat Well and Prosper! From Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

I just checked, it hasn't been released yet according to Amazon. I have New Real Grilling and it's okay, nothing really inspiring.

Comment

• CeramicChef
          CeramicChef commented
          Editing a comment
          Mosca - I have the same book and it is, at best, nothing groundbreaking. Seems to be aimed at the weekend Griller. If it gets people to do something other than dawgs, burgers, and brats, then it's a success. Just my 2¢ and we all know what that's worth! :LOL:

• Sanjosedale
          Sanjosedale commented
          Editing a comment
          hey hey, no bad mouthing Brats, the state food of Wisconsin, where I am from!

sorry, it wasn't a link, I had an email from Weber announcing this book.

I actually no longer live in San Jose, in anticipation of retirement, have moved to the Sierra Foothils, Shingle Springs CA.

Comment

• oldsteve
          oldsteve commented
          Editing a comment
          The cookbook author lives very close to you. He's in El Dorado Hills, Ca.

I wonder if Amazon will be delivering Meathead's new book this coming Tuesday, May 10th? I preorder lots of Blu-Rays and they're always delivered on the release date. I like many of You have already received the advanced shipping notice from Amazon a few weeks ago.

Comment

If you want to try a great bbq cookbook, I would suggest you at least go to Amazon and look up Dinosaur Bar-B-Que: An American Roadhouse. It's considered one of the best bbq cookbooks and you will see by the number of 5 star reviews that people love it. I'll say this about it as well. The layout and ease of getting through the recipes is amazing. Whoever layed this cookbook out and wrote the recipes understands the process. When I make stuff out of it, the family goes nuts for it.

I would also try Meatheads new book and the recipes on this website. I've made several of Meatheads recipes from this website and loved every one of them.

Weber's not really known for their cookbooks and I would steer clear of it. They usually end up on the bargain rack and Barnes and Noble for a couple of bucks.
          Last edited by Don Jr; May 6, 2016, 05:20 PM.

Comment

The author of the new Weber cookbook Jamie Purviance did a segment on my local NBC affiliate (channel 3 Sacramento) this morning. He made " Pork Chops with ember smoked butter". I'm assuming that this is a recipe from the new Weber cookbook. What was different was how He made the sauce. He took a huge lump of a butter concoction He had previously made and melted it on top of the pork chop. He used a big chunk of lump charcoal and laid it directly on the butter to melt it. That was the sauce. What was priceless was the reaction of the TV commentator. She was lost for words. I don't know if this grossed Her out or She thought this was the coolest thing ever. The author assured Her this was quite safe because He was using natural lump charcoal. I never planned on laughing so hard on a Saturday morning. A good start to the day!

Comment

It's an OK book and can provide some interesting ideas/ recipes but wait till it goes on sale.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here