Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BBQ Brawl on The Food Network

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BBQ Brawl on The Food Network

I watched this the other day. It's 3.5 hours ( 3 shows) getting to the finalist. The last episode included the 3 finalist and they each had to do a hole hog. A few twists thrown in. This was 1.5 hours. Here is a link to the article. I'm sure if you are interested you could find it on demand. The article says it is streamed on Discovery +. I'm not a TV person but I enjoyed this.

https://www.ocalagazette.com/local-p...-of-bbq-brawl/
    Last edited by RichieB; June 29, 2022, 03:45 PM.

I liked the first season ok. Haven't gotten around to checking out the second season.

Comment

• RichieB
      RichieB commented
      Editing a comment
      The 1st time I watched it. Article says this was the 3rd season but what do I know? Again, I watch little to no TV until the NCAA FB and NFL season begins followed by NCAA BB.

• DogFaced PonySoldier
      DogFaced PonySoldier commented
      Editing a comment
      I used to watch not much all but the NBA and NCAA football - since 2020 I watch... not much at all. <sigh>

Yes we have been watching it. Have the last episode to go yet. Meh. It's OK.

Comment

It's a little goofy, but honestly you're trying to pack multiple long cooks into a 1 hour time slot (with commercials). BBQ is only really exciting during the prep, maybe while making some sides, and then the finished product. Lots of dead space to make up some BS for entertainment value I guess... Honestly the format is very similar to the worst cooks show, except with people who can cook and out doors. Yet I kind of enjoy the worst cooks show and did not enjoy most of the time spent watching the BBQ brawl.

Comment

I guess I should say I liked it, except for one or two of the personalities they tried to force into the show that really don't fit and seem to annoy me. I'll leave it at that.

Comment

I'm not a fan, 1st time watch. The reason I posted was the finals that included a whole hog. Recently, someone posted a picture of their whole hog cook. Got me thinking (scary thought). And the cinder block "cooker" was a new look to me.

Comment

We've been enjoying the latest season. Its food network, so its going to be a bit cheesy and have stupid timing on cooks

Comment

It’s very mediocre, but we still watched it. I’d make a hundred dollar donation to Food Network if they cut Anne Burrell loose.

Comment

• WillTravelForFood
                WillTravelForFood commented
                Editing a comment
                Anne's a talented chef AND she's really good at teaching others how to do stuff.

I don't think she's cut out for competition shows like this, though.

• Sid P
                Sid P commented
                Editing a comment
                WillTravelForFood I don’t doubt her ability, but she’s obnoxious, bossy and not entertaining. Of course that’s just my opinion.

• WillTravelForFood
                Editing a comment
                Sid P can see why that’d be the case. But on different programs, like Worst Cooks in America, she’s really caring about making sure the contestants actually learn, and she is super supportive of them. On BBQ Brawl, it’s not the right format for her, so her presentation style changes. Her solo cooking shows from ages ago were really informative.

I watched an episode and just though it was OK, did not watch again.

Comment

Well, I am a big fan of Brooke Williamson. And she can cook too

Comment

• WillTravelForFood
                  Editing a comment
                  BW's restaurants in Cali are high on our "must visit soon" hit list.

Our problem with many of food network cookin challenge shows today is that they’ve bpbecome overly formulamztic rather than letting the contestants actually cook. TOURNAMENT OF CHAMPIONS is fantastic, as it focuses on the cooking rather than the hosts or forced comedy. We’d like to see BBQ BRAWL where it’s more like a BBQ a championship cook setup. Low and slow does not make good tv, however.

Comment

My wife and I record it and watch it several episodes at a sitting. We don't watch much TV but this and Stanley Tucci's Searching for Italy (or what ever it's called) we pseudo binge watch. We like both. But BBQ Brawl is more grilling than BBQ but I thought the whole hog cook in the last episode was the best of the season. Paid attention when Rodney Scott was giving pointers to the one contestant on his cinder block pit setup and the changes he suggested.

Comment

• RichieB
                    RichieB commented
                    Editing a comment
                    That cooker was a great design.

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here