Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Keto Cookbook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keto Cookbook

Was just watching a Myron Mixon video, discovered he lost over 100 lbs on Keto. I know a few here, like me, eat this way. I find BBQ is perfectly suited to this way of eating, I can adopt just about any recipe and many are low carb to begin with. That said, wondering if anyone spent the money for his Keto Cookbook and found you learned anything new? I’m skeptical.

I would not be skeptical about anything he does. The more ya get to know him he is the real deal. I need to check it out.

Comment

Only skeptical about Keto stuff. Clearly anything BBQ he is the man. I watch/read everything he posts, I just take his rub, infection and sauce recipes, and make them Keto.

Comment

I haven’t bought the book but I think I remember reading that the entrees are the hard part like you alluded to, but in a typical BBQ spread nearly every side dish is loaded with carbs. That is honestly what I struggle with the most in my day to day cooking. I love all sorts of simple veggie sides but I need to constantly be looking for new variations to prevent burnout.
        You say you eat this way. Any side dishes you care to share? Now that I think of it, this should be a sub channel in recipes

Comment

Oh, I thought you said something else
          Click image for larger version

Name:	kato.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	35.0 KB
ID:	1159849

Comment

• Polarbear777
            Polarbear777 commented
            Editing a comment
            Well that’s one way to kick you into gear.

Andrrr I eat lots of vegetables, cauliflower is the mainstay of many Keto dishes, there are hundreds of ideas you can find. As far a BBQ sides, the first obvious choice is Cole slaw, of course we use non sugar sweetener, Allulose is our current favorite. We make bourbon baked beans, using Black Soy Beans, these aren’t quite like normal beans, but not bad, also considered dirty Keto. We make Faux Mac n cheese or potato salad using cauliflower. Radish or rutabaga is also a good replacement for potato. All kinds of salads, cucumber based goes best with BBQ I think.

Reading the reviews form Myrons book, the biggest complaint is his lack of understanding about Keto. That said, he did manage to lose 100 lbs, so I dunno?

I see you are in Wis, GO PACK!

Comment

SierraBBQGuy Again I didn't read the book or his recipes so I can't say he knows how it works one way or the other. But with all due respect to him I think if you're that big to begin with you can make some pretty simple changes in your diet that will have a huge impact on your weight loss, which I think happened in his case. Whether he followed Keto to the letter or not, I don't think he had to in order to see results. The simple act of paying attention to what you're eating can pay dividends.

Also GO PACK! I must admit it was getting challenging trying to tune out all the BS but we've positioned ourselves for another deep run. Hopefully this year we can flip the script and not be the annual NFC Championship whipping post!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here