Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Food Fraud

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Food Fraud

I first read this book back in 2016 and it infuriated me. I think it's only $1.99 on Amazon. The recent thread about olive oil jogged my memory so I plan to reread the book.

Click image for larger version

Name:	51jVJUmpu1L.jpg
Views:	233
Size:	44.3 KB
ID:	1158739

Thanks for the tip. I’m going to read it asap. To me the food industry is one of the most devious there is. And it’s only getting worse. Infuriating.

Comment

Just bought and sent to my Kindle for later reading. Thanks!

Comment

That olive oil post sent me down a rabbit hole, checking to find that some of the bottles in my own cabinet are garbage. The hole ended last night with seafood via the seriouseats website.
        No wonder we have such health issues in this country. I think I do a pretty good job of avoiding the interior aisles of the grocery store and turns out that’s still not good enough…

Comment

I think he recommends shopping around the edges of the store, where there currently is no food. The middle is bad, but oh so good. Except the Kobe beef, I ain't looking for any of that. "Crab" cakes with "cheese" in a can is great for late night snacks, but I definitely wouldn't recommend living off of it. I had a chemistry partner in college that craved and ATE raw ground meat when she was pregnant.

Comment

And you thought that fish you ordered was grouper……😂
          As someone who catches, cleans and cooks fish, I am amazed how often I get served fake fish.
          tilapia is a popular impersonator, basa to….

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
            Jerod Broussard commented
            Editing a comment
            I'll send you a pic of that fresh farm raised Brazilian Atlantic salmon i get at wolly world so you can critique.

• FireMan
            FireMan commented
            Editing a comment
            Can you say Tilapia?

First, I just want to say congratulations to rod fer given us "Food Fraud", say that ten times rill fast.
          Second, I might come close to foulin a couple of pitches here gettin into the health thing, but dabbling in food fer awhile & then gettin rill serious about it the last 2-3 years of my wife’s life & now facing a dilemma of my own. It is a jungle out there. One has to do a tremendous amount of digging to find out what is real & what is not corrupt. But, it can be attained. The good thing, in my study, no comment on sauce, eatin meat that’s cooked over fire is just fine and dandy ever since we were given permission.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here