Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

YS1500s slow getting to temperature

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

YS1500s slow getting to temperature

Is there anyone else having difficulty getting a Yoder up to temperature? I have the YS1500s and after running empty for 40 minutes it’s still 95 degrees below the set temperature. I have tried reaching out to Yoder but have not received a response.

Attached Files

Don't own a yoder, but the common culprits tend to be cleanliness, pellet compromise (moisture), dirty thermocouple, or weather. I suppose the 2 additional culprits for a Yoder style cooker would be chimney installation/cleanliness, and the air adjustment thingy on the right hand side. I'm assuming you've not had this problem before and the grill got to temp in a reasonable amount of time in the past?

Comment

Do you have the new controller they call the Adapative Control System, or the older one? I think I remember someone posting recently about troubles with his ACS controller not responding to temperature settings the way it should.

Comment

This grill has always been slow to heat up, I've tried different brands of pellets and there is no significant difference in performance. I'm confident that cleanliness isn't the issue and I believe that the thermocouple is reading accurately, the Fireboard session is from the Yoder controller not an external Fireboard.
        This grill is equipped with the ACS controller.

Many thanks to ItsAllGoneToTheDogs and Donw for giving some thought to my problem

Comment

Sorry to hear that you are having problems. My 640 is much smaller and heats up fairly quickly. Usually Yoder is very good about responding. I can only guess that the isolation is affecting them.
          Although I would think that they could be sitting in front of a computer answering questions.

Comment

My previous grill was the Yoder 640 with the non-wifi controller, it was a great grill but I needed(wanted) something bigger.

Comment

Yoder Herb on the Yoder Website is usually really good about responding to posts on their forum. My YS640 (non ACS) did that for a while, but then I switched Pellets and haven't had any more issues, I let it run the initial startup for 30 min to warm up the cooker, and then set my temp from there.

Comment

I have a 640, so can't speak to a 1500, but I haven't experienced this issue in the 640. I also have the insulated blanket, so that helps speed things up too.

The 1500 has been reported as being kind of a pellet hog. That's a lot of steel to heat up.
                Have you tried the Yoder Forum? http://community.yodersmokers.com ?

Surprised you're having issues with customer support, they are usually very good. Are you calling or using email?

Comment

Thanks Byrang and Dr ROK for your input, I have tried Lumber jack, BBQr's delight and Furtado farms branded pellets,I believe there is a slight difference in performance. The YS1500s does consume more pellets but the quality and quantity of food more than makeup for the increase in consumption.

I have reached out to Yoder via Email and their forum, I haven't received a response, I know the marketing people are working but maybe the support people are off?

What worries me about the Fireboard session is the auger speed drops down to almost 20% long before reaching the target temprature.

Comment

• Dr ROK
                    Dr ROK commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I'd try giving them a call if email isn't working.

I have received a response from Joe Phillips at Yoder, his people are overwhelmed with everyone cooking at home during the Covid-19 pandemic.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here