Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Yoder YS640s is not feeding pellets.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Yoder YS640s is not feeding pellets.

So, around 5:45 this morning, I put a brisket flat of pastrami and some Porter Road Dino Ribs on my Yoder YS640s pellet smoker. I turned on the power, the fan came on, but the FireBoard did not kick in. I could not choose between Start, Menu, or Prime. I tried a manual start. The pellets I put in the burn grate burned, but no additional pellets got dropped in.

The FireBoard app let me set up a program, but the program does not start.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Stupid question - unplugged and replugged? Augur jam?

Comment

"If there is no display and the LED light isn’t on after the power button has been pushed, check the power source to verify the GFCI hasn’t tripped. If the power source is working, check the Yoder fuse. The fuse holder is located on the hopper end panel (FIG 63). Verify that the power is off and the Yoder is unplugged. Insert a small flat blade screwdriver into the slot on the top of the fuse container and twist it counterclockwise to open. If the fuse is blown, replace it with the supplied replacement fuse. (The fuse is a 5-ampere quick-blow fuse.) Reconnect the power and turn the Yoder on. If the fuse blows again, contact us for technical support."

I looked at the schematics too. There is also a fuse on the back of the FB board.

Comment

Yes, rickgregory , unplugged and replugged. Never had an augur jam before. I emptied the hopper and am unable to turn the augur by hand. Does that mean it is jammed? What do I need to do to fix it?

Donw, I do get a display and the fan comes on. It just doesn't let me choose an option.

Thank you guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Draznnl View Post
          Yes, rickgregory , unplugged and replugged. Never had an augur jam before. I emptied the hopper and am unable to turn the augur by hand. Does that mean it is jammed? What do I need to do to fix it?

Donw, I do get a display and the fan comes on. It just doesn't let me choose an option.

Thank you guys.
          Ok, on the augur... can you rotate it in reverse. Safely (with Power OFF) probe for blockages? Here's a PDF on how to remove the auger if you need to: http://community.yodersmokers.com/do...er%20motor.pdf

Comment

• Draznnl
            Draznnl commented
            Editing a comment
            I can't move the augur in either direction. I felt around and can't feel any blockages. It looks like I'll have to do a little Yoder surgery.

Just curious, but how old is the Yoder? I see similar issues reported for units purchased in July and August of this year. Both need factory support and a new controller to correct.

Comment

• Draznnl
            Draznnl commented
            Editing a comment
            Mine is from March. I will call Yoder tomorrow first thing. I guess I'll hold off a day before performing any surgery.

If it were me, First I'd check any fuses it has. Second, I'd open it up so I can get a meter on the wires feeding the auger. Then try to start it and see if you have power going to the auger. If there is power to the auger, and it won't turn, it's jammed, or the motor is bad. If there is no power to the auger, you probably have a controller issue.

Comment

Sorry to see yer havin such troubles, an absolutely unqualified to offer any experience, in these matters, Brother...

Comment

First off, kudos to Yoder’s Customer Service Department. I left a message before they opened. They got back to me first thing. They are overnighting a new controller to me. It should be here tomorrow morning.

Second, thank goodness I didn’t listen to my wife and sell the WSM when we got the pellet pooper. It is out of retirement and chugging away with the pastrami and Dino ribs on there.

Comment

• rickgregory
                rickgregory commented
                Editing a comment
                This is one of the reasons I've not bought a pellet pooper yet - the need for tech. I like tech. I work with it. But the reliability of just lighting some charcoal, adding wood and getting it done is really nice.

• CandySueQ
                CandySueQ commented
                Editing a comment
                Backup is always good!

• Mr. Bones
                Mr. Bones commented
                Editing a comment
                WSM fer th Win, always good to have Options / A Plan B!!!

Deleted th whole 'Wife' App, like 35 years ago...

Virus, Rilly...

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here