Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Lowes dropping all things SmokeFire?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is Lowes dropping all things SmokeFire?

EX 4 covers no longer sold online, and seen in store for $14.99, EX 6 $19.99. Many Lowes stores selling various varieties SmokeFire pellets at half price. No Gen 2 SF models listed at Lowes, while they're being sold all over the place by other retailers.

I would normally be buying Weber pellets from Lowes, for the EX 4 I plan to buy on Monday, but Lowes bowing out would impact me.

Sorry, cain't rightly reckon that I can offer any helpful input, beins my nearest Lowe's is ~25 miles away. I dunno. Sry.
    Last edited by Mr. Bones; November 27, 2020, 02:38 PM. Reason: t

Comment

• ComfortablyNumb
      ComfortablyNumb commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh, so you are close. My nearest Lowe's is 92 miles.

(However, Home Depot only three miles. Only one I know that isn't within 1/2 mile of a Lowe's)

• Bogy
      Bogy commented
      Editing a comment
      ComfortablyNumb the closest Lowes or Home Depot are 85 miles away. Menards and.Bomgaars are about 14 miles.

Calling Lowes corporate office yielded no information except to say that they don't have any Gen 2 models. So, their intentions, if they have any, were not revealed.

Comment

I don't have any experience with the SmokeFire but you find the Weber pellets better than others on the market?

Comment

Originally posted by Redwng View Post
        I don't have any experience with the SmokeFire but you find the Weber pellets better than others on the market?
        I dunno. This will be my first pellet grill, so I have no pellet experience. But, Weber pellets are smaller than other brands, competitively priced, and are exclusively recommended for the SF. I've read about the many problems folks have had using other brands. Sure, some folks are gonna use other brands and say "no problem" even while other folks are clearly having issues with other brands. I don't want, or need, the aggravation, so I'll buy the Weber pellets.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Bones View Post
          Sorry, cain't rightly reckon that I can offer any helpful input, beins my nearest Lowe's is ~25 miles away. I dunno. Sry.
          My error for not saying that the topic title was a rhetorical question.

Comment

You can always order Weber pellets directly from Weber $16.99 per 20 lb. at this time.

Comment

Originally posted by MBMorgan View Post
              You can always order Weber pellets directly from Weber $16.99 per 20 lb. at this time.

Weber charges $7 to ship a bag, and I don't have room for more than a couple at a time. Lowes is not the only place to get the pellets, it's just the most convenient for me.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here