Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My wife wanted jewelry for Valentine's Day...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe she can cook some brisket that will attract a man who will give her jewelry?

Comment

There's hope. Nearly 40 years ago I got my wife a microwave oven for our anniversary. Now bear in mind, she had never had one (yes, all you youngsters, there was a time when we didn't have microwave ovens, and TVs were black and white with three channels). She looked at me in disgust and said what do I need this for. I couldn't convince her of all the benefits. After a couple of months she would have killed me if I suggested we get rid of it and she hasn't been without one since.

BTW, is that a bullet proof vest you're wearing?

Welcome to the Pit from the Okanogan Valley of Washington state.

Along with tips, techniques, and recipes about BBQ we have a lot of fun.

If you like music, go to this thread to hear what others are listening to and share what you like.

For jokes, go to this thread.

And here to enjoy some beautiful sunsets.

Go to this thread to post where you work and what your hobbies are and get to know other members here.

We are happy to have you along and looking forward to your participation.

Comment

• ComfortablyNumb
        ComfortablyNumb commented
        Editing a comment
        Jordan S I'd keep it on if I were you, it might be needed!

• Bogy
        Bogy commented
        Editing a comment
        ComfortablyNumb, way back in those olden days, when we moved to my second church, members helped up move, and they realized we didn't have a microwave. We moved right before Christmas, so for Christmas the church gave us one. Not a bad gift. Today you can go to any discount store and pick one up for well under a 100 bucks, but back then they were still fairly expensive. Weren't sure we really needed one, but it didn't take long for us to decide we couldn't live without it.

• ComfortablyNumb
        Editing a comment
        Bogy My parents built their first custom home in the early 70's and installed a microwave oven, which was quite the novelty at the time, so by the time I got married I was familiar with it's uses. We called it the 'Zapper' and my favourite was a 'Zapped Cheese Sandwich', a slice of cheese stuck between two pieces of bread. The result was soft bread with melted cheese. I just did a little checking, in the mid 80's 25% of households had one, ten years later 90%. http://www.historyofmicrowave.com/

Do what I do, tell her coulda said no....
      She thought she was getting it all, now look at her....married to an idiot.
      But an idiot with a really cool Weber who is going to rock her socks off for Valentines dinner!!!!
      Roses wouldn't be a bad idea either.
      Last edited by smokin fool; February 13, 2020, 06:13 PM.

Comment

Wife wanted to see what was so funny, so I showed her your post. Not sure how I got in trouble for you getting your wife a nice valentines gift, maybe she wants one too!

Comment

My wife said that's better than a new vacuum...

Comment

• ComfortablyNumb
            Editing a comment
            When I gave my wife a vacuum she said, "This sucks." to which I replied, "Well yeah, it's supposed to." I still have the scar....

• texastweeter
            texastweeter commented
            Editing a comment
            @ComfortablyNumb

Reside me of the joke; what's the difference in a wife and a corporate job?

Thank God this isn't true for me!

🤔 I wonder if next year she'll get you a boyfriend. Doh! Welcome to the pit!

Comment

Well, that IS jewelry if you ask me. Nice gift!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit!!!! Best of luck to you brother!!! Better perfect your pellet game quick to sell the gift!

Comment

Congrats on the great choice in gifts. Welcome aboard!

Comment

Congrats on the new cooker! Better get something just as nice for your wife though, otherwise you will be in the doghouse WITH the Smokefire...

Me.... I always manage to strike out this time of year. Valentines day on the 14th, our anniversary on the 24th, and the wife's birthday on March 7th. Triple whammy!

I was just excited when she said she REFUSES to go out to dinner today, so I was able to pull a couple of big NY strips out of the deep freeze this morning.

Comment

IF you survive this, you might try a bit of quid pro quo. It worked me. For the wife's birthday I went all in. Diamond and ruby ear rings. In late November that same year she sat down next to me and said she had looked at Kamado cookers until she was total confused. The next line taught me the meaning of true love. She said for me to just go get the one I wanted. But wait there's more! She said that the one thing she had learned from looking a Kamados was ther was a bunch of stuff you needed with one,"get that too". In the years that have followed it's still working. She looks great on an evening out and I had to buy a bigger gun safe. Who knew!

Comment

For Valentine's this year I got my wife a stay in the hospital (hopefully I'm joking and Medicare and the supplement will pay for it).

It's nice of you to think of her, and be willing to slave over a hot smoker so she can spend less time slaving over a hot stove in a stuffy kitchen. That's true live! Good luck and I hope to see you post in the future!

Comment

• jfmorris
                        jfmorris commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Praying for your wife to get home from the hospital!

• Bogy
                        Bogy commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Thanks jfmorris, she's home, doing well, but still has a lot of recovering to do.

• jfmorris
                        jfmorris commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Glad she’s home. It’s hard to get to feeling better in the hospital, where they don’t let you sleep or rest well, at least in my experience. I know you will take care of her, and maybe sneak a little BBQ into the menu!

I bought my wife a diamond ring for Valentines Day. The dog ate it. I told her there was a diamond in the ruff.

Comment

Salutations from Hays, Kansas!

Comment

Hide a diamond in the pellets and let her go looking and tell her she has to find it before the ribs are done.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here