Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another Smokefire is up and running!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, new member here and glad to be onboard. I also just bought the SmokeFire and have had a chance to do two small cooks. I agree with the pellet consumption by BDCarp04. I have the Ex 6 model and it can gobble up pellets very quickly when at higher temperatures. I have found the probe access a bit awkward. There is a slot where you can run it through the back of the lid but it doesn't seem big enough to fit more than 2 probes through at a time. I also noticed some seepage through the front of the lid and found that the lid does not close evenly on my Smokefire (planning on calling Weber about this). With that being said, the temperatures seem to hold pretty stable although there is some variation in temperature from the center to the right and left side of the grill (especially if there is wind). I came from using a Weber Spirit previously and the searing capability of the Smokefire blows the Spirit out of the water. It also seems to give a nice amount of smoke at lower temperatures but I have not gotten a chance to do a long cook yet. So far I have made pork chops and spatchcock chicken and both came out great.

The app still seems to be in production at the moment. They have a few different cooking programs on there but it does not appear to take the specific meat into consideration when cooking. The app suggested that I take one of my pork chops off when it was reading an IT of 140 and a second with an IT of 112. I'm not worried about the app yet because I am sure that they will correct these issues with further updates. Other than that, it seems like a great and versatile grill.
    Attached Files

Comment

• BDCarp04
      BDCarp04 commented
      Editing a comment
      Welcome aboard and congrats on the new toy! A question for you - how has the larger version been at holding temp? There were a couple of people elsewhere complaining that they couldn't get past 500 or so, but they were both EX6 models. I also see some pellets on the ground in your second to last pic..my patio looked exactly the same! I only added a bit of the bag at first and then had a harder time trying to dump more in with the grill already being hot and the narrow hopper right next to it.

I'm really enjoying reading this topic, and the posts on glitchy 's SmokeFire topic as well. I have to say that it's always exciting when a big truck pulls up to the house and unloads a new BBQ toy. Your first picture, BDCarp04 , reminded me of that feeling. Thanks for starting the topic. MattyBBq , thanks for adding your experiences as well.

Kathryn

Comment

• BDCarp04
      BDCarp04 commented
      Editing a comment
      Agreed! I grabbed a few more, but I think the delivery guy kind of got weirded out as he wasn't expecting the paparazzi to be waiting for him to unload!

Sure is a pretty cooker. Enjoy folks!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here