Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another Weber Pooper video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another Weber Pooper video

I just ran across this:

Told ya so!

Comment

I’ve never really been interested in a pellet grill before but I want that grill! It looks like it could replace my gasser and of coarse be used as a smoker.

Comment

• Huskee
        Huskee commented
        Editing a comment
        I agree! All the quick-cook push button convenience of a gasser but thermostatically controlled, and better flavor, win win!

Good times!

Comment

Harry Soo's vid is pretty in depth too https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gr95fKaxpgM I like some of the things Weber has done here, the pellet world was due for some true innovation, but only time will tell how good it is at smoking. RecTec is redoing their bullseye in the next few weeks as well so we will have some purpose built grillers on the market.... just gotta see how well they smoke and how even they are with heat.

MAK made some changes to their controller and I'm to the point where I don't need a second grill for grilling, but the thing I personally need is a fast ramp up from smoke to grill... I don't grill steaks much anymore because I really like the end result of a reverse sear, until someone figures out a method to go from low to high quickly I will keep saving for a flat top or gas grill.

What I like the most on this is the auger reverse for shutdown and the ash management. Those are super awesome and I'm surprised no one came up with those before!

Comment

• Huskee
          Huskee commented
          Editing a comment
          So REC TEC finally admits the Bullseye needed a redo? Lol. Anyway, yeah, Weber was smart and took the time to observe the downfalls of many pellet cookers and set out to improve the invention of the wheel. It appears they did well in that.

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
          ItsAllGoneToTheDogs commented
          Editing a comment
          Huskee yeah that's what I was thinking and they've timed their reboot to a week before Webers entry sale date. I wonder if RT will send an updated model to Max

Well that sure looks nice! We'll have to see the reviews. Who knows... maybe some day my son will have a nice used Rec Tec Trailblazer and I'll have a nice 24" SmokeFire. Gotta get back to my Weber roots someday (maybe). MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS or is it BCS (Better Cooker Syndrome)?

Comment

Harry Soo also did a review after he used it and really liked it. 2 ft. flames coming off a pellet grill? Wow! Told my wife wish I had known about this before I bought a Traeger 4 months ago.
          Last edited by JimLinebarger; November 21, 2019, 10:44 PM.

Comment

• JimLinebarger
            JimLinebarger commented
            Editing a comment
            holehogg She didn't get it, and neither will I.

• holehogg
            holehogg commented
            Editing a comment
            ☺😊😅

• Porkies
            Porkies commented
            Editing a comment
            Don't want to laugh at another man's misfortune, but that got me laughing JimLinebarger !

I wonder what that weber will vist here in Norway..

Comment

I wonder if Meathead was there as well. Baby Back Maniac posted a picture of himself and Meathead on Twitter which Meathead retweeted.

Click image for larger version

Name:	meatheadandbabybackmaniac.jpg
Views:	416
Size:	84.5 KB
ID:	771549

Comment

• Meathead
              Meathead commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes, Weber had a meet/meat/great Monday for about 10 bloggers and Tue they got to play with the new SmokeFire. Max and I were there Mon.

• Huskee
              Huskee commented
              Editing a comment
              Never realized BBM is that tall! (Or that Mh is that short?)

• RonB
              RonB commented
              Editing a comment
              Huskee - Exactly!

I'm retiring in two years, looks like my gift to myself is already decided upon.

Comment

I think the price point is quite fair considering the peers. Problem is my wife will still never approve...

Comment

Just another Chinese grill, IMO. My MAK 1 Star with the flame zone sears just as well as that Weber.

Comment

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
                  ItsAllGoneToTheDogs commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I love my MAK, but lets be real... there's lots of pellet smokers/grills on the market and some of them do things better than others. I'm excited to see what the Weber does. The MAK grills great and smokes great, but it doesn't go from smoke to grill great & all pellet smokers until this Weber require some sort of effort to empty the burn pot. If the Weber doesn't require that after multiple cooks due to their design, that's pretty awesome. We don't know what the Weber does yet, we will soon.

• NYC Que
                  NYC Que commented
                  Editing a comment
                  It takes me all of 30 seconds to empty my burn pot. I’m just tired of seeing all these Chinese made grills on the market. Just one of my pet peeves.

Very, very compelling. Any data on pellet consumption rate at searing temps?

Comment

I would love a fully ventilated kitchen!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here