Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

STALL, BABY! STALL!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

STALL, BABY! STALL!

Thought I’d take advantage of the wifi control today - put 12 lbs of butts on around 8 and ran the smokefire for an hour. Interesting that it doesn’t show pit temp in that mode, when I turned it off it was at 180.

anyway, 88 year old mom needed something so off I went an hour away. The list kept getting longer and I was watching the meat get up to temp and just kept thinking PLEASE STALL!

Cranked the temp down to give me time to get home. Pretty handy to have that capability.

You went past stall in 8 hours, what temp were you cookin?

Comment

I'd say an hour at 180-200 due to the Smokefire feature, then 235. I turned it down to 225 once I realized I might not get home to manage it. Started with a 12 lb bone-in, cut it in half. The smaller boneless piece is now at 172, the bigger bone-in hunk is stalling at 150. Still seems like it is cooking fast but we will see.

To be fair to Weber I have a sheet tray on the flavorizor bars so I am probably screwing up the convection effect.

Comment

WIFI control, not sure who was first to start WIFI control on a pellet grill, but I sure like it in my Traeger.

Comment

Tell Mom "hey" from all of us.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here