Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Traeger Pro 34 Smoker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Traeger Pro 34 Smoker

I have a Camp Chef smoker that does a real good job other than trying to keep the temperature regulated. The biggest reason I have problems is I'm in upstate New York in a rural area and I have an open patio that gets hit hard by the elements, so I bought a Traeger 34 at our state fair and got a decent deal on it BUT pellett smoking is a whole different way of smoking and you really dont have control of the smoke and so far I have not been totally happy with it, just wondering if anybody out there has some suggestions. I smoked salmon in it on Sunday and way happier with the way it comes out on my Camp Chef. I have been a member for three years and have done a lot of smoking since I found this site and love it but I think most of the recipes are formulated for regular non pellet smokers.

Hi Jocko. You chose the Miscellaneous and Off-Topic channel to talk about a Traeger pellet smoker. We have a pellet smoker category and a Traeger Channel. I'm going to move it there. Please don't use off topic for discussion of cookers or cooking. Thank you!

Comment

• Jocko 1
      Jocko 1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you, sorry about that, I usually don't post just go to recipes !

Jocko,

Pellet smokers are notorious for having a light smoke flavor compared to other smokers. I have 2 Traegers now and I use them all the time. If you want more smoke flavor then I would suggest getting a smoke tube (like an A-Maze-N or similar). The Traeger's body is rather thin so an insulating blanket or welding blanket might help with the wind cooling off the chamber.

Hope that helps! Just my 2 Cents.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here