Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Traeger defines a 10 year warranty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How Traeger defines a 10 year warranty

Not very impressive to me. Basically, anything that really can fail is only warranted 1-3 years.
    Attached Files

Or 80,000 km, whichever comes first?

Comment

• glitchy
      glitchy commented
      Editing a comment
      What does that translate to in "American"?

…and yes I’m totally just joking around.

• Jerod Broussard
      Jerod Broussard commented
      Editing a comment
      Should be Kw not Km

They should call it a lifetime warranty and install one stainless steel rivet that does nothing and will never fail.

Comment

• bbqLuv
      bbqLuv commented
      Editing a comment
      Don't give them ideas.

This where my Recteq really shines. My RT-700 has a six year bumper to bumper warranty. And what’s best of all is that after nearly three years I haven’t needed it at all. 👍

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
      Jerod Broussard commented
      Editing a comment
      Could I borrow 2 years for a 15 year old vehicle.

This was a big reason I chose Blaze for my gas grill.

Click image for larger version

Name:	bMm12WP.png
Views:	267
Size:	138.8 KB
ID:	1199120

Comment

Warranty was a huge part of moving to the all stainless 2 star. Best thing MAK coulda done was moving to a lifetime model considering the price.

I think any grill over $1k really should have a 3 year minimum full coverage warranty, anything in the $2K zone should have a solid 5 year everything with a 10 year body warranty.

I will say though, I've seen plenty of out of warranty folks still receive great support and replacement parts on popular brands like RecTeq, Grilla and MAK which says a lot for those brands. Also seen stuff from other small but established companies lately not providing adequate service within the warranty which is a major bummer.

Comment

"buy our $4000 grill! We'll stand behind it"*

*and off to the side. No, a bit farther..."

Comment

I like the wording " Will not rust through" So it can rust all over, but unless it actually makes a hole through the metal, no coverage.

Comment

• Attjack
            Attjack commented
            Editing a comment
            Meanwhile, Weber replaced the bowl on my 26" because the welds were rusting.

• captainlee
            captainlee commented
            Editing a comment
            Glad they took care of you, they did the right thing. The wording on the above warranty leaves a lot open for interpretation.

Hey, anybody that guarantees legs fer 10 years is ok in my book! 🕶

Comment

Now that's called standing behind your product! 🤣

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here