Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Used Rec Tec for Sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Used Rec Tec for Sale

I just ran across this for sale - $300.00. With out getting more information from them and seeing the insides, what are everybody's thoughts?
    Attached Files

From the outside it looks well worn, which isn't necessarily a bad thing IF it has been taken care of inside. If so, and if it's in fine workign condition, I'd say $300 seems fair, maybe even a really good deal if it's been kept up. If it's a project, then I could tell you I wouldn't be interested, but me I don't want a refurb project for any price. If you're handier than me and want a project you may feel differently if that's what this is.

Comment

That is a used Rec Tec Mini, or RT-300, replaced now by the RT-340. Here is the manual:

https://www.rectecgrills.com/content...300)manual.pdf

In pricing of that used RT-300, consider that that the RT-340 is $599 new, and has Wifi technology not in the older RT-300. I would look at the overall condition including the inside, and maybe talk them down some if you can.

If you didn't know, the RT-300 has 300 square inches of cooking area, so its definitely on the small side. It's meant to be portable with those folding legs.
      Last edited by jfmorris; April 19, 2019, 03:13 PM.

Comment

He is half price of new, less tax ans shipping, the 300 is a nice pellet pooper. Is that a cover I see on the ground behind it? Maybe the guy took care on it.

Comment

Comparing it to my RT-340, which I've had for a year and use about every week, it doesn't look all that used, and seems like it may have been taken care of. If it was used a lot and not cleaned, I think it would be black and dirty on the front and top.

Comment

Than ks to everyone's input; I just heard back from them & they sold it about an hour before I messaged them...

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here