Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pics of the new Bull!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pics of the new Bull!

As posted earlier in the week, ordered a new Rec Tec RT-700 "Bull". Finally got her assembled. Took about 2 hours.

FIRST IMPRESSION: Quality is exceptional. It's a lot heavier than anticipated, which makes sense with the heavy gauge metal (it's metric but is between 12-14 guage and there's over 40 lbs of 304 stainless). Nothing chincy about it - even the wheels are high quality. Love the integrated meat probes and wi-fi capability with remote start. Also great having a light inside the barrel.

Seasoned with a one hour smoke and she's ready for the big time!!

Just after delivery

Click image for larger version  Name:	20190402_181847.jpg Views:	2 Size:	4.79 MB ID:	661344

Click image for larger version  Name:	20190403_191206.jpg Views:	1 Size:	3.76 MB ID:	661332

Click image for larger version  Name:	20190403_191209.jpg Views:	1 Size:	4.12 MB ID:	661331

Click image for larger version  Name:	20190403_191910.jpg Views:	1 Size:	3.54 MB ID:	661343

Inside the barrel

Click image for larger version  Name:	20190406_143057.jpg Views:	1 Size:	3.39 MB ID:	661339

Final assembly

Click image for larger version  Name:	20190406_143523.jpg Views:	1 Size:	4.54 MB ID:	661342

Click image for larger version  Name:	20190406_142934.jpg Views:	1 Size:	4.42 MB ID:	661333

Click image for larger version  Name:	20190406_143729.jpg Views:	1 Size:	4.15 MB ID:	661338

Compared to my little baby Traeger Tailgater (which served me well)

Click image for larger version  Name:	20190406_143614.jpg Views:	2 Size:	4.45 MB ID:	661356

Hold 40 lbs - "Get into the hoppa" [Schwarzenegger]

Click image for larger version  Name:	20190407_154019.jpg Views:	1 Size:	4.10 MB ID:	661340

Obligatory final food pics to come as they come.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by SpeedyB; April 7, 2019, 04:26 PM.

Nice!

Comment

• SpeedyB
      SpeedyB commented
      Editing a comment
      Right on MBMorgan ! Can't wait to be able to tame some of these nasty Golden winds

Looks Awesome! Enjoy.

Comment

• SpeedyB
      SpeedyB commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks my friend!

Wooooo! Shiny new toy. Looks awsome.

Comment

• SpeedyB
      SpeedyB commented
      Editing a comment
      No doubt NapMaster . Like a grown-up's easy bake oven 😎

Nice ride!

Comment

Awesome

Comment

Sweet!

Comment

Well, I always suspected it, but now I know you are full of Bull. And congrats.

Comment

• SpeedyB
        SpeedyB commented
        Editing a comment
        Hahaha RonB . And my initials are BS.... serious 🤣 Thanks!

Congrats.

Comment

• SpeedyB
        SpeedyB commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Donw

Nice smoker!

Comment

• SpeedyB
        SpeedyB commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Randy-Phx ! She's hot.... smokin hot!

That's a BEAST!
      Enjoy.

Comment

Beautiful new pit!!! Enjoy!

Comment

• SpeedyB
        SpeedyB commented
        Editing a comment
        Don't PUT that on me @RickBobby ... 😆🍻

• RickyBobby
        RickyBobby commented
        Editing a comment
        Lol. 🤣👍🍻

Oh man is that thing a beauty! Can’t wait to see the first smudge on it! 🕶

Comment

• SpeedyB
        SpeedyB commented
        Editing a comment
        Don't mention it FireMan . I was like a heart surgeon putting it together. At the end of the day though, it's for cookin meat and fixings so she'll get her share of dings and soot.

I don't know anything about pellet smokers but it sure does look nice.

Comment

• SpeedyB
        SpeedyB commented
        Editing a comment
        Attjack .... that's half the battle right

• Attjack
        Attjack commented
        Editing a comment
        I certainly think so.

I have a neighbor who got the same grill. He really likes it. And having seen it in action, I like it! Having tasted the results, I can personally attest that it works VERY well.

Don't know how your Traeger worked, but the rec tec I have seen action emits a constant stream of smoke. It puts a good BBQ flavor on everything done low and slow.

Comment

• SpeedyB
        SpeedyB commented
        Editing a comment
        SmokeyGator that's great to hear! I had already made up my mind and then enjoyed a pork butt with a neighbor from his RT-700 and it sealed the deal. I'll be posting updates

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here