Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ooops...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ooops...

Just happened to order a Rec-Tec 700 (Bull). I feel my life changing already.

Don't you just hate it when you accidentally order a smoker or a guitar or a new smartphone or a new fishing reel or a.....

Comment

• Barry Friesen
      Barry Friesen commented
      Editing a comment
      FireMan you add to your grilling possibilities!

• JGo37
      JGo37 commented
      Editing a comment
      FireMan he said fishing reel, I get it... FISHING REEL.

You need one each for rod stiffness - light, medium, heavy. You need one each for lure weight - don't get me started. You need one each for fight - top water, water column, bottom dweller. You need one each for line type - mono, braid, composite. You need several for species - sunfish, cats, salmon-ids, muskeegan, I need lots more roo

• JGo37
      JGo37 commented
      Editing a comment
      FireMan he said fishing reel, I get it... FISHING REEL.

You need one each for rod stiffness - light, medium, heavy. You need one each for lure weight - don't get me started. You need one each for fight - top water, water column, bottom dweller. You need one each for line type - mono, braid, composite. You need several for species - sunfish, cats, salmon-ids, muskeegan, I need lots more roo

Good choice of a cooker and welcome to the Pit !!

Comment

• MoCollards
      MoCollards commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you! I can honestly say reading the forums here helped a great deal as I tried to decide on my first pellet grill. So a big thanks to The Pit in general for helping me out.

Congrats!

Comment

• MoCollards
      MoCollards commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you! Now the waiting game for this beauty to arrive.

Good going. Now go and enjoy it.

Comment

• MoCollards
      MoCollards commented
      Editing a comment
      Will do!

Great cooker choice. Sometimes I order things by accident too.

Comment

• MoCollards
      MoCollards commented
      Editing a comment
      I can't blame this on the dog.

• bten
      bten commented
      Editing a comment
      he jumped on the keyboard while you were looking at it!

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Smokey feels fully entitled, perhaps even obligated, to leisurely stroll across my keyboard, I could quite handily assign any such purchase(s) to him, an be in th clear!

I love my Rec Tec Trailblazer - I'm sure you'll like Bull. Hope to see pics and reviews of some of your cooks!

Comment

Originally posted by Huskee View Post
      Don't you just hate it when you accidentally order a smoker or a guitar or a new smartphone or a new fishing reel or a.....
      I go places where they sell cool stuff and things just follow me home.

Packages from Amazon magically arrive on my porch and they have cool stuff in them too.

My wife never believes me.

Comment

• Huskee
        Huskee commented
        Editing a comment
        I always tell my wife Look honey, I ordered $18 worth of napkins from Taco Bell, and they put all this free food in the bag! LOL.

"Honey, I must have hit "Buy with one click” while shutting down the browser, and by the time I realized it, it already shipped!”

Comment

Congrats, I'm lookin forward to seein ya do yer Magic, with that new cooker...

Comment

• MoCollards
          MoCollards commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks! My plan is a pork butt for my first cook. This is something I turned out consistent on my lil' WSM, so I should be able to do the same on this beast.

One of the best mistakes you have made in awhile.

Comment

• MoCollards
          MoCollards commented
          Editing a comment
          Agreed. The evidence of my error should be here soon.

I purchased my Bull as a first smoker and I have to say I love it. I grew up in Texas and was very familiar with the offsets. I never cooked on one personally, but I know many who did and I have had many briskets from them.

Now that I have my bull I have cooked two briskets and have to say, they were the best I have ever had. I thought I really didn't like brisket until I cooked the first one on the Bull. Wow. I tried to keep everything as simple as possible. Only used a 50/50 Salt and Pepper rub. Let the rub rest for 30 minutes and into the Bull. I wrapped at 160 and pulled it off once it met the probe test.

I have also cooked chicken, sausage, pork shoulder, several sets of Pork ribs and all have been fantastic. I am SO happy I went with this company. Superb service and support. The Bull is built like a tank. If you love yours half as much as I love mine you will be ecstatic.

Comment

True story...a buddy of mine that owns a bicycle shop was "drunk browsing" and built a super sweet custom bicycle on Specialized custom builder website. (Similar to if you go to Chevrolet.com you can build a truck etc.) Since he had a vendor account he didn't need to enter payment info. He thought he cleared it out...he didn't. An employee ordered some parts and didn't think to ask if a $17k bicycle was supposed to be ordered...month later he got a very mixed feelings surprise.

It sure was a beautiful bike though.

Congrats on the purchase and welcome!!!

Comment

• EdF
            EdF commented
            Editing a comment
            "Be careful out there"!

Congrats! I love my Bull.

Comment

So my new Bull showed up last week. This constant rain in Virginia has made a long cook impossible, but I've managed to cook a few quick meals on it. So far, it works like a charm and I'm impressed with the overall quality. The wifi was super easy to set up and so far the app on my phone has been reliable. The other day I tried my hand at the smoked sloppy Joe recipe I found here at Amazing Ribs and I must say, the smoke flavor imparted to the meat was spot on at 225 for about 30 minutes. I can't wait to get some ribs or a pork butt on this to take it for a true spin.

And a shout out to my wife for not only helping me put this bad boy together, but for also helping me make a small patio for our new, smokey friend. Neither of us had done either of these things before, but so far, so good!
            Attached Files
            Last edited by MoCollards; July 23, 2018, 07:53 PM.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
              Mr. Bones commented
              Editing a comment
              Congrats both on yer Great Wife, an yer sweet new cooker!
              Lookin forward to seein yer wares!

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here