Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

rt-340 trailblazer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rt-340 trailblazer

Has anybody had any experience with the new Trailblazer? I am new to pellet grills and I'm comparing this model with a few others

Nope! Only the RT-680
    Last edited by DWCowles; April 11, 2018, 03:41 PM.

Comment

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      680?

• DWCowles
      DWCowles commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Huskee I corrected it.

How do you like your RT 380 so far?

Comment

• DWCowles
      DWCowles commented
      Editing a comment
      I had it for 3 years and only had one issue which was the igniter rod went out. RecTec sent me a new one at no cost. I have no regrets.

Yeah that's it 680 how is that working for you

Comment

I've heard good things about rectec I'm on the fence between them and the Grilla Silverback

Comment

Also I think (not for sure) that RecTec is the only one that has a 6 year warranty.

Comment

If I may chime in here. The trailblazer is basically an upgraded rec tec mini. I have a 2 year old mini that has not given me any problems and has produced some pretty damn good bbq! I have a pit barrel cooker, a webber charcoal grill, and the rec tec mini, my go to is the rec tec. I am sure the new one is just as good, probably even better.

Comment

I believe the RT-340 only has a two year warranty.

About the above referenced 6 year warranty. I’m a little skeptical on the six year warranty claim. In the T&Cs of the warranty of the RT-680, there is a $99 deductible per claim during years 4-6. If you look at the replacement parts lists, there isn’t one mechanical/electrical part that costs over $100. Basically, anything that could break on the unit could be purchased cheaper than filing a warranty claim in years 4-6, so in essence, you’ve got a three year warranty. That’s not to say you’ll need the warranty - Rec Tec generally makes great products. I’m very happy with my RT-680. I thought I would point it out as many people mention the 6 year warranty as a selling point.
            Last edited by sorensen_j; May 13, 2018, 08:53 PM.

Comment

I received my RT-340 March 20 and so far smoked back ribs, 3 nice meaty racks from Costco, chicken lollipops, split chicken, and tonight pork chops and pork tri-tip steaks. I am extremely happy with the Rec Tec so far. Food has all come out terrific. The controller is great - it holds actual vs. set temperature within a couple of degrees (according to Rec Tec display and Wi-Fi app; I haven't checked against a calibrated thermometer). I like the Wi-Fi app - it is simple and straight forward. The last two cooks I never even went outside to check or open the smoker I just put temp probe(s) in and watched the app until the internal meat temp was correct. The RT-340 is sturdy and quality; I purchased the accessory bottom shelf which looks great and also makes the unit very stable. Also, I have the vinyl cover which is thick and very high quality; it is perfectly fitted, has straps with clips th latch around legs, and stretch cords to tighten around base. The Rec Tec RT-340 has a two year warranty. I don't think you would be disappointed with the Rec Tec. Good luck!
              Click image for larger version

Name:	20180324_171022.jpg
Views:	218
Size:	163.0 KB
ID:	499386

Name:	20180324_162349.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	227.0 KB
ID:	499387

Name:	20180408_184027.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	194.2 KB
ID:	499388

Name:	20180408_200127.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	135.2 KB
ID:	499389

Name:	20180408_175606.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	216.0 KB
ID:	499390Click image for larger version

Name:	20180429_173327.jpg
Views:	212
Size:	197.0 KB
ID:	499391

Name:	20180429_172838.jpg
Views:	264
Size:	192.6 KB
ID:	499392
              ​ ​ ​ ​

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here