Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Bull RT-700

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Bull RT-700

Hello!

I am wondering if anyone has had a chance to use and/or review the RT-700? It looks like it's just starting to come out now. I got to admit that it looks like one heck of a smoker.

B2B

To me it just looks like they changed the color from the RT-680, and added wifi to the controller. The accessories seem to be shared between the two as well, so I imagine the reviews here of the RT-680 would apply to the RT-700.

Comment

• BornToBrisket
      BornToBrisket commented
      Editing a comment
      They do look quite similar don't they? I think you're right that the main upgrade is adding Wifi. I'm skeptical about jumping on board considering how new the wifi equipment and app is. Normally it's nice to wait until they work the kinks out a bit I suppose.

I have the 680, and I love it. It is really easy to use, and turns out some great Q. Addition of WIFI controller to the 700 (main upgrade feature added vs the 680) makes it even better.

Comment

Welcome from Indiana

Comment

Welcome BornToBrisket the Bull RT-700 is a nice upgrade from RT-680. I really like my RT-680.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit! I hope you enjoy your trial.

I wish I had some hands-on info for you on the 700, but I don't. Only theoretical, and that's likely not too helpful.

Comment

• BornToBrisket
          BornToBrisket commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you! So far everything has been awesome.

Welcome to The Pit.

Comment

• BornToBrisket
          BornToBrisket commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you! I'm glad to be here.

I also have the RT-680. I called in and spoke with someone recently about my temperature probe being bad. I mentioned that the 700 looked awesome and that I was a bit jealous... Welp, I cannot keep secrets from my BBQ Brethren, he mentioned that they were going to, for a very short time, offer an upgrade on the 680, to provide some of the functionality of the 700. He didn't go into specifics, but said to be on the look out "starting in April".

Comment

• JakeT
          JakeT commented
          Editing a comment
          That's awesome news! I was actually thinking about upgrading to the 700 (I have the rt-680) because I really like the wifi control and built in temp probes. Would be sweet if we could just do a computer swap. I've had my rectec for 3 years now and it still runs like brand new, I use it 3-4 nights a week.

Welcome to the pit from Hays, KS!

Comment

any info on trail blazer 340?

Comment

Love my 680, Now they have free shipping, I think it was a couple hundred in the past.

Comment

Just got my RT- 700 last week. I am very impressed with the quality and the WiFi. plus 6year warranty and free shipping. 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻
              Attached Files

Comment

Been wanting a rec Tex grill for years and finally pulled the trigger. Did up some baby backs and bone-in skin-on chicken thighs on my first cook. I thought the ribs were okay (everybody else said they were perfect and delicious) but I thought the thighs were outfreakingstanding! I had bull at 225 and ribs were on for 6 and thighs on for 3.5. I’ve been smoking with a Weber SM for bout 8 years now and although I’ve had some delicious briskets and butts off that sucker, it’s going on Craigslist. Love this new rec tec. Now if I can just get that damn WiFi to work! Only supports 2.4? Why is that?
                Attached Files

Comment

• rwalters
                  rwalters commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Nice setup neighbor! I see you’re in Sacramento... I am in Lincoln

Welcome to the pit from Southern Illinois

Comment

• spieri104
                  spieri104 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  thanks Oakgrovebacon! Man -.I smoked some salmon at 225 for 1 hour the other night and thought i died and went to heaven. Gonna do either a bacon wrapped pork loin or a rack of lamb for father's day. can't wait.

The folks at REC TEC can tell you why only 2.4GHZ for the wi-fi. You have a nice setup with the Bull and the Weber gas grill. Enjoy!

Comment

• spieri104
                  spieri104 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  thank you brother. kinda tight but works for me. had a gas line ran for my weber so i could take it out of storage and use it again! I love that grill. it pops right up to 650 and man can it grill/sear a NY. but man oh man do I love this new rec tec smoker. i love the smell, taste and feel of smoke!!!

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here