Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rec Tec Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rec Tec Question

Apologies if this is in the wrong section?

I'm shopping for a pellet smoker. My priorities are consistent temps across the pit and capacity. I was originally looking at something like the Louisiana grills super hog but realized for the same price, I could buy 3 or 4 fully loaded rec tecs or something similar. I don't need full hog capability, just space. I would get one of the stack style smokers but I like being able to grill as well.

So my question - I know the specs of the rec tec, but realistically what is the capacity? If I have the second shelf, is there enough height to stick a brisket up there?

I mostly cook brisket and pulled pork, but sometimes need to do 3 or 4 of them. Is the rec tec capable? (at some point I'm considering a catering business which would obviously require expansion, but that won't be for a bit so I can add on later)

Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Kyle

Just got mine and haven't done any high volume cooks, but check out the rectec instagram page, there's tons of pictures of fully loaded 680s, one with probably 8 or 9 pork butts on there. The height of the second shelf would make briskets snug underneath there, but should be high enough to allow two floors of fairly large cut meats. It looks like about 4-5 inches of clearance underneath.

Comment

For height above the second shelf, look at GMG. There are a few others with similar concepts at about the same price point.

Take a look at Blaz'n Grill Works.

Comment

You will have no problem with the RecTec

Comment

thanks for all the input! I feel a lot better about it now, I didn't want to spend a bunch on something that didn't meet my needs

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here