Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rec Tec Mini Pork Butt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rec Tec Mini Pork Butt

9 3/4 Lb Pork butt going on the mini in about a half hour. Slathered with mustard and used a combo of Texas BBQ Rub and my homemade Carolina Rub. Going to smoke at 235. Will update as the day goes by.

Click image for larger version

Name:	008.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	455.5 KB
ID:	297252

It's going to be a good aroma filled day for you and some fine eating! I'm looking forward to your updates.

Comment

Looks great! I can't tell but is it bone in or boneless? Looking forward to the finished pics...

Comment

• LarryO47
        LarryO47 commented
        Editing a comment
        Bone in, Steve.

• Steve Vojtek
        Steve Vojtek commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks .... Because I always tie up boneless and was wondering if its necessary..👍

I'm setting my knife and fork out now, LarryO47 . Wait. Forget the knife. What's your pork butt's ETA?

Kathryn

Comment

• LarryO47
        LarryO47 commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm thinking around 6:00 this evening, Kathryn.

Will be smelling good around you all day. What wood did you go with?

Comment

• LarryO47
        LarryO47 commented
        Editing a comment
        I used the Rec Tec Ultimate Blend pellets which are a mixture of oak and hickory.

If I ever buy a pellet smoker one day it'll be the rec tec. I fascinated with those and just the look of them sells itself. Seem like they do consistent cooks.

Comment

• LarryO47
        LarryO47 commented
        Editing a comment
        I really like mine. I have cooked when it was 10 degrees out with it and it held temps just fine. For me the Mini is the perfect size, as I am a widower and live by myself along with my dog, Loki.

Nice looking butt Larry, and I mean the hunk o' meat in the photo...

Comment

• LarryO47
        LarryO47 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks, RonB

4 Hours in...been spritzing with apple juice on the hour.

Name:	002.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	405.4 KB
ID:	297407

Comment

that is not a mini pork butt :-p

Comment

Lookin good. LarryO47

Comment

6 hours and I am happy with the bark, so pulled and wrapped. Dusted with rub and spritzed with apple juice. Internal 162.

Click image for larger version  Name:	002.jpg Views:	1 Size:	1.30 MB ID:	297467

Comment

• DeusDingo
          DeusDingo commented
          Editing a comment
          i think i just drooled on my shirt

Natures thermometer says it all.....

Name:	002.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	257.1 KB
ID:	297623

Dinner time.....

Name:	003.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	232.4 KB
ID:	297624

Comment

Nice cook. What IT did it get to when you pulled off the cooker and did you cambro it??

Comment

• LarryO47
            LarryO47 commented
            Editing a comment
            I pulled it at 198 and let it rest, wrapped in towels for about 35 minutes, Steve B

Looks great!

Comment

All pulled and ready for the fridge. Will vacume seal tomorrow and make many meals out of this butt.

Name:	001.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	259.8 KB
ID:	297656

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here