Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Pellet Smoker arrives tomorrow!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Pellet Smoker arrives tomorrow!

Its 30 something degrees here in North Jersey and going up in the 40' tomorrow, Which works out good since my new Pellet smoker is arriving. wooo....hooo cant wait to put her together and fire her up.
    I have read on the forum after the burn in some folks like to "season" the grill by smoking bacon. I do have a couple of packages in the freezer so that's definately an option but any other suggestions is greatly appreciated.

Congrats and welcome to the pellethead club! Good luck on the set up and seasoning. I vote for starting with a couple of fatties (hey, why not wrap them in bacon since you have it ) and then a Boston Butt. All those are pretty forgiving to cook and should get you a good seasoning.

Comment

Congrats on the new toy. I'm sure you will really enjoy it.

Comment

My first cook in my pellet grill was pork shoulder - pulled pork. It was awesome.. I used a pic for my Avatar and still do.
        What smoker did you get?

Comment

sounds like a good idea on the fattie. Have to go out and get one.

Comment

Congrats on the new pellet smoker. They are really easy to use.

Comment

Maybe I missed it but what pellet smoker did you get?

Comment

Rec Tec 680, after months of research it boiled down to budget, customer service and warranty. Reviews from Amazingribs.com helped as well...

Comment

• shush
                  shush commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I have the same one. I love it. I do notice less 'smoke' (read other posts of mine) but everything else about it is fantastic.

• GirlpoweredBBQ
                  GirlpoweredBBQ commented
                  Editing a comment
                  How do you like it?

• Ledhead
                  Ledhead commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Had mine a year, and I love it, great decision. Enjoy!

I need to sell some of my other toys now. WSM 18" and Weber kettle Grill will be put up for sale soon. Cheap for someone who wants to get in the game.

Comment

I am hoping I made the right choice, what kind of pellet smokers do other have?

Comment

• EvanRobinson
                  EvanRobinson commented
                  Editing a comment
                  If it works for you, it's a right choice. Don't worry about the rest of us. We'll be fine.

• Ray
                  Ray commented
                  Editing a comment
                  scotte303 I own a GMG Davy Crockett. It's the tailgater size which helps on $ and stowage space required. It's been great for lots of cooks!

• LarryO47
                  LarryO47 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I have the Rec Tec Mini- RT-300 and I love it.

Congrats! You will love it. I do mine.

Comment

Congrats Scott. When you're ready to part ways with those cookers PM me. I would be interested and I'm only 15-20min from you. I'm right on the boarder of Suffern and Mahwah. But don't tell my wife. Haha

Comment

• scotte303
                    scotte303 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    hey Steve, ready when you are and of course, mums the word..

• Steve B
                    Steve B commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Hey scotte303 I got a message that you commented about my post but I don't see it?

• JCBBQ
                    JCBBQ commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Lol

Congrats on the new Rec Tec. I've heard great things. I know there are quite a few folks in The Pit that run Rec Tecs.

Comment

Congrats on your RecTec 680. I use the same unit and have been very happy with both the results and how easy it is to use. The only problem that I have ever had with mine was user error. I dumped a bag of pellets into the hopper including all of the dust in the bottom of the bag. Jammed the auger tunnel. If you want a little more smoke flavor, there is an "Xtreme Smoke" button that controls air flow and fuel rate to maintain lower temperature and create more smoke.

Comment

thanks for the heads up swong, I would of without a doubt in my military mind dumped the entire bag.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here