Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Water pan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Water pan

Anyone tried using a water pan on the RecTec? where did you put it and did it make any difference? I really need more smoke flavor as most people I cook for say not enough or no smoke flavor with my RecTec (and I always use amazin smoke tube). I know wet meat hold smoke better so was thinking of trying water pan. May need to start spritzing which i dont like to do

I use an Amaze-In tube smoker in my Yoder YS640 for extra smoke flavor. I've used a disposable aluminum pan with water in it on the cooking grate for added moisture, but I don't know if it really made any difference. One problem you will run into with all pellet grills, they burn super clean. If there is something I really want a lot of smoke flavor in, I'll use one of my Weber's or the PitBarrel with wood chunks.

Comment

I watched a youtube video the other day that showed somebody using an aluminum foil pouch filed with BBQr's Delight pellets with a small hole punched in it and thrown on the coals. I'm wondering if the same process could be used in my rec etc by throwing one on the heat deflector that sits directly over the fire pot. I'll have to experiment!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here