Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pit Boss vs Louisian Grill Vertical Smoker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pit Boss vs Louisian Grill Vertical Smoker

I noticed Costco sell a Louisiana Vertical Smoker. It looks exactly like the Pit Boss brand.
    Does anyone know what the differences are? Or maybe a web site that does the comparison.

I know sometimes a manufacturer will make a item for a large retailer and change the original specs, sometimes not for the better, to price it cheaper.

Anyone?

Thanks for reading.

The LG is the premium version of the Pit Boss as both are made by the same company. The differences would mainly be on the feature set as both would be built similarly. The biggest issues with buying from Costco is that as you mention the grills are made specially for Costco so some features are stripped out from what you’d get elsewhere. The other issue is that where there are size differences, this means that standard accessories won’t fit like covers. This was the case for the Treager models I studied at Costco.

Given those brands, I would honestly use brickseek.com to pick up a clearance Pit Boss as usually it is not difficult to find one 30%-50% off regular price.

Comment

If you post the actual grills you want to compare , folks may chime in with more opinions.

Comment

Thanks zero_credit...I was looking at the Costco Louisiana Grills Vertical Pellet Smoker and Pit Boss 7 Series. I beleive these are comprable models
        Thanks

Comment

I did a comparison on these two, as I couldn't find a Pit Boss at Costco. The Costco model is slightly larger (over 2000 sq inches of cooking spaces compared to 1853 for the PB), has a larger hopper (60 pds versus 55 pds) and includes a cover and shipping, which saves about $125. The out the door price for the PB ex-tax would be about $720, so the LG is cheaper as it stands. You might have to double-check with Costco, but the LG appears to come with 2 meat probes versus 1 for the PB. Other than that, I don't see any differences.

https://www.costco.com/louisiana-gri...100459307.html

https://pitboss-grills.com/Shop-Pit-...er-wood-pellet

If you are looking to buy now, the LB would be a better deal, but I suspect some patience on the PB could yield a really good deal on clearance if your local stores carry the model you want.

Comment

• tpf903
            tpf903 commented
            Editing a comment
            A friend mentioned that he has seen the price for the LG much cheaper in the local Costco as opposed to online price. Thanks for the input

Have a look at this grill.

Only available in Canada, but it sounds like its made in the same factory as the Pit Boss. Plus it's only 400 Canadian Pesos, so if you do the exchange right you'd buy this for $300.00 US, plus some shipping...

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here