Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pellet Smoker Thoughts? Advice? Experience? Needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bought a Rec Tec RT700 about a year ago and love it. I researched for nearly two years before pulling the trigger. I considered every model on your list and a few more in the process. As said above, I think any one of these choices would be a good one. The best advice I’ve read here is to do your research thoroughly and buy the one the best fits YOUR Needs and has the features that YOU find important. Good luck and keep cooking!

Comment

Should the Woodcreek by Cuisinart be considered? Is anybody cooking on one of these yet? Seems to be a lot of pellet grill and then some for the money.

Majority of the reviews on Walmart site are 5 star, then there are those who give it a bad review because it arrived damaged, or not working out of the box.

Comment

• pknj
        pknj commented
        Editing a comment
        That looks rather interesting, I have to admit, as my Weber Spirit is on late legs, a pellet grill is appealing. I guess this Woodcreek is more of a gasser replacement than a true smoker, but that is just looking at the YouTube video. I would assume the charcoal add-on and all that are gimmicks. But I would be happier if I am wrong, especially at that price!

Just an FYI MAK prices will be raising in a week-ish, though the future pricing will be a pretty good deal for the 1 Stars since they will now come standard with the flamezone that the 2 stars have. Also the 1 and 2 stars have both gained quite a few quality of life as well as software enhancements since AR review was posted. Most of those improvements can be retro fit to older models, which is part of what makes a MAK a good investment.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here