Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another maker joins the fray...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another maker joins the fray...

Since I have way more time on my hands now, I spend sooooooo much time watching You Tube BBQ videos. I was certain that I would get a Camp Chef Woodwind WIFI to expand into the pellet arena. Then today I see videos of the new Cuisinart Woodcreek multi-use pellet smoker!
    It has the size I'm after as well as some really well thought out extras. MSRP is $597, but is currently at the Folsom WalMart for $497.

What a conundrum!! For about the price of the Woodwind I could get the Woodcreek AND the Masterbuilt 560 Gravity Fed smoker!!

.https://www.walmart.com/ip/Cuisinart...rill/643281242
    Last edited by Driverdan; April 10, 2020, 10:26 PM.

That's got a lot of cool features. For that price however, I wonder what the build quality is like?

Comment

• treesmacker
      treesmacker commented
      Editing a comment
      If it is anything like my 360 griddle, I suspect the build quality is very good!

Not to hijack your thread, but I've got a similar conundrum regarding the Masterbuilt Gravity Feed Smoker grill. I need a new "grill" at my vacation home (if I'm ever allowed to travel there again!) since my gas grill is literally falling apart. One of the Masterbuilt Gravity feeds would be a very nice replacement, especially with a rotisserie attachment promised to arrive in the near future. Problem is, I just bought the Masterbuilt Thermotemp XL propane smoker at the end of last summer, so I don't needed another smoker there. If I had known the gravity feeds were coming, I wouldn't have bought the propane smoker. That said I am very happy with the Thermotemp. What to do?

Comment

That looks super - you are probably an early adopter - don't know that we've seen that one before. From my experience with the Cuisinart 360 griddle, the introductory prices can be fantastic at Walmart. Several of my co-workers snagged 360's for $115, now they go for $299 most places. Please be sure to let us know how all of those features work. Post some pics. Give us a mini review!

Comment

More info here: Made by The Fulham Group, A Cuisinart® Brand Licensee, Announces New Pellet Grill Line

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...300985767.html

Comment

WOW... I just looked at a few of the videos. If it does all of that well, and at that price point, it is a great deal. What a mass of features that answer to all of the issues (almost) I've seen discussed regarding pellet grills. Searing, slow cooking, charcoal cooking, griddling, easy pellet changes, easy ash cleanout - all-in one magic machine. Let us know if it can really do all of that! So far, the reviews on Walmart site look good too.

Comment

Rumor has it that Max Good has a review of the Woodcreek pellet 4-in-1 grill in the works...I'm eager to see the AR review of this as my Weber natural gas grill is on borrowed time and I like the promise of versatility and the large cooking area (when compared to my medium-size BGE). Walmart has this on sale for $497 4/19-5/10/2020 making it really tempting...

Really hoping that the build quality is up to par and that it isn't a huge compromise on many of its claimed functions. (Also has the advantage that the boss thinks it looks much better than the PBC I've been longing for!)
            Last edited by jnaab; April 19, 2020, 08:26 PM.

Comment

• Driverdan
              Driverdan commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes, I too, am anxious to read his review of that and the Masterbuilt Gravity Feed. Then I will decide between those 2 and the Camp Chef Woodwind WiFi 36.

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here