Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Z Grills anybody?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Z Grills anybody?

I cannot find any reference to Z Grills pellet cookers anywhere on this site. My son has one that he likes, though all his previous experience is with gassers. I am considering adding a pellet pooper to my arsenal and am interested with Camp Chef Winwood Wi-Fi, and Weber Smokefire.
    Any Z grill users out there?
    Thank You

Nope but they seem to have a striking resemblance to the Grilla Silverbac.... I would go with a Grilla... I have the OG

Comment

They offer buy 1 get 1 free... in my experience that never works well in the long run. FB reviews say they are awesome, but in my experience anything you can buy directly via FB is also something that doesn't end well. Could be wrong though, lots of knock of products out there that end up being as good or better than the OG.

Comment

I’ve seen them.
        Garbage. Stay away from them.
        Don’t think I need to go into detail.
        But run away.

Comment

They have had some interesting marketing (buy one get one, get a refund after so long, etc). I've always been puzzled as to how and why it's necessary. Even Max has said before that he'd been unsuccessful in contacting them in the past, but they have seemed to stay around and still seem to be.

Comment

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
            ItsAllGoneToTheDogs commented
            Editing a comment
            They have all their models on Amazon, and suspiciously more reviews than Camp Chef (one of the few pellet grills Amazon sells) and the majority are positive. I don't like cooking seafood in my smoker very often, but ZGrills smells pretty fishy everytime I see them.

I don't have a pellet burner, but the reviews on the Smokefire have been less than stellar. You might want to give Weber some time to work out the problems before ordering one.

Comment

• Razor
            Razor commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm a big Weber fan and agree.

The Z Grills 700 E looks almost identical to the Grilla Silverbac but made with quite a bit cheaper, lighter weight materials. My guess is they are made in the same plant in China and the manufacturer just took the specs and used some thinner metal on it.

Here is a good video comparing the differences between the Z Grills and the Silverbac:

For $200 more I would probably go with the Grilla Silverbac Alpha vs the ZGrill. Grilla also has a 4 year warranty vs 3 years for Z Grills. And I would guess you would have a heck of a time getting any warranty support from ZGrills.

Comment

Z-Grill = cheap knockoff (rip-off?) of the Silverbac.

The above video is great. I’d suggest watching it; listen to what others are saying ... and draw your own informed decision.

Comment

My Safeway has one for sale right next to the checkout stand. That just says, "Walk away now! IMHO

Comment

• Driverdan
                Driverdan commented
                Editing a comment
                I don’t intend to get one. Son likes his, but his needs are much simpler than mine.
                Am leaning towards Camp Chef Woodwind WiFi 24 especially after reading Max’s full review of the SmokeFire.

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here