Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best Pellet cooker to buy for $3500 or less

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well the Weber SmokeFire is out with all the problems! So I might go with either the Mak 2 Star or a Yoder YS 640s or the Lone Star Grillz Pellet Grill coming out in the spring. That’s what I have narrowed it down to!

Comment

• T-bone
      T-bone commented
      Editing a comment
      I’d vote for the Mak 2 Star. That’s what I have my eye on when my ancient Traeger passes away.

Just purchased MAK 2 Star grill! Now waiting for it to ship!

Comment

• Jfrosty27
      Jfrosty27 commented
      Editing a comment
      I had not seen this post before I posted my Rec Tec rave blow. Good for you! The MAK is a beast and will serve you well for many years I am sure. Keep us posted on your results with it!

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      Meathead loves his! In fact, most of his recipe development is done on his MAK 2. Enjoy! We'd love to see pics of the purdy beast when you get it.

• T-bone
      T-bone commented
      Editing a comment
      Congrats! Let us know how the assembly and first cook goes. I can't wait until it's my turn.

I have had a Rec Tec RT700 Bull for just about a year now. I cook on it year round (WI resident) about 2-3 times per week. Can’t rave about it enough considering what it cost. I loaded it up with just about every accessory offered and spent about $2,000 delivered. But with your higher budget, admittedly there are others units to consider. I might have gone a different path had I had your budget level. Yoder, MAK, Memphis, Fast Eddy/Cookshack come to mind.

Comment

Congrats on your purchase. I am waiting to see what the Lone Star looks like.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here