Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does size matter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does size matter?

My Louisiana grill has finally died rather than fix it I will succumb to shiny object syndrome. At the top of my list is the Weber Smokefire and the Camp Chef Woodwind. What are the advantages of going small....say the 24 and what are the advantages of going big with the 36 other than the obvious that one can put more food in the bigger one. I hope that one of these 2 will hold the temp better than my LG.

My experiences with Traegers of all 3 of their main sizes was the 36” model used a little more fuel, guessing like 10-20 percent more. It also took a little longer to recover after opening and to initially heat up. As a current Camp Chef owner, I will say mine it cooks just fine,, but feels like much less quality than Traegers and one would assume Weber will be. However, they are much cheaper too. I’ve seen the new WiFi Woodwinds for $699.

Comment

• glitchy
      glitchy commented
      Editing a comment
      Also, I i’ll add my Camp Chef is a pellet eating machine. Most pellets out of the six pellet grills I’ve owned by far. Hopefully Camp Chef has improved that since the SmokePro STX, but they look at lot like the Woodwind.

Whew! I am relieved! From the title of the post I initially thought this would be a question to a forum on a completely different subject.

Comment

I have never said I wished I was smaller - wait, I mean I have never wished for a smaller grill. I would go with the larger size.

OK, I have wished my waistline was a tad bit smaller...

Comment

I have never wished that I had less space on my grills. I can always do with more space.

Comment

I'm with Spinaker - you never wish for a smaller grill/smoker! . The Weber SmokeFire intrigues me if your budget can handle it, and if you can wait until it goes on sale after January 1st. They have been taking pre-orders for a while now.

If you are in a hurry, take a close look at the Grilla offerings. They are on my short list, and seem well reviewed.

Comment

I ended up buying a second one cause i needed more space and that was after building a multi-level raw food dwelling for the first one.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here