Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Places to buy pellets in Canada?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Places to buy pellets in Canada?

Here's a question for my fellow Canadian members. Where to you buy you're pellets? Also, which brands do you use the most?

I’m lucky out here in Prince George BC. One of the local dealers carries BBQ delight and a couple of other brands. Another spot carries Louisiana Grill and Traeger. Used to be there were some excellent prices on Amazon on Lumberjack and Cookin pellets prices have gone up on Amazon. I always used to order the Cookin Pellets but have now switched to the BBQ delight with the odd bad of Green Mountain thrown in.

Comment

I find Canadian Tire has the best prices and selection.
      Walmart has comparable prices but selection can be sketchy at least at our local store, only Royal Oak.
      Home Depot is too expensive and only has Kingsford or Weber by me.
      No Lowes around so won't comment, same with Home Hardware.
      There's BBQ World, BBQ Galore or Dickson's BBQ, they're specialty BBQ stores but prices on they're websites seem to be on a par with the above. BBQ World offers free shipping on orders over $99.00 right now and there is a location in Whitby.
      Please note I'm a charcoal guy but do look at everything including pellets when shopping.

Comment

• Jade
        Jade commented
        Editing a comment
        I purchased my grill from Barbecue World along with some BBQr's Delight orange pellets. The problem is that they only have the orange in stock and haven't gotten any other flavours in yet. They don't carry all of their pellets.

Jade just looked at the Canadian Walmart sight. You can order on line and pick up at the local store.

Comment

In Alberta and BC: Lowes, Cabellas, Bass Pro, any outdoor/hunting store. I've also had luck at specialty hunting/sausage companies in Calgary. You can also use hardwood stove pellets if you have any stores around you that sell equipment for woodfired or pellet stoves.

Comment

• smokin fool
          smokin fool commented
          Editing a comment
          Never thought of Cabella's or Bass Pro, next time we go to the Falls will go in.

Hi Jade, Strode’s in Brantford has an great selection of pellets but it’s a long way from you.
        Otherwise, there is someone in your part of the world that is selling Lumber Jack pellets on Kijiji.

Clare

Comment

• smokin fool
          smokin fool commented
          Editing a comment
          Never heard of Strode's, my son lives in Brantford, will have to look into this place one day when we visit.

Has anyone bothered with ordering bulk pellets online? Or is it just too much of a hassle? We just got some BK pellets so we'll give them a try, but I was just curious. I would like to support the little guys like Lumberjack, BBQr's Delight, and Cookin Pellets if I can.

Comment

No, I'm 3 mins from Walmart, 4 from Home Depot and 9 from Canadian Tire.
          I'll buy 2-3 bags at a time and am at one of the above weekly so don't do bulk.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here